ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LCD TV - Traveling

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
We will shortly be purchasing a new telly.. but the box is HUMUNGUS and im trying to find a vehicle it will fit into.. (without having to go to the extreme of taking a van)

I think it will fit in my Audi if we lye it down... but ive always heard bad things about lying a LCD on its side.

Is there any truth in this? it will be in the back of the car for around 15 minutes

TimMB

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy
We will shortly be purchasing a new telly.. but the box is HUMUNGUS and im trying to find a vehicle it will fit into.. (without having to go to the extreme of taking a van)

I think it will fit in my Audi if we lye it down... but ive always heard bad things about lying a LCD on its side.

Is there any truth in this? it will be in the back of the car for around 15 minutes

Some people have damaged the falangie doing that though, I wouldn't risk it.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Ooooooh what do i do...

Though if we get it home and its buggered.. we'll just take it back?

Seriously, it'll be fine being transported at any angle you like. You should see how they arrive at our place...

which one did you go for?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Well im not sure if we've decided, but its between :

Samsung 46" 100hz 1080p LCD (LE46B650T2WXXU)
Samsung 46" 100hz 1080 LED (UE46B6000)

THINK were gona go for the LCD one, only because we dont particually want to pay through the nose for brand new technology, which is gona be out of date by next week anyway

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
We've got the pioneer 5.1 home cinema system all set up, which sounds sexual.. so really looking forward to the picture being as good as the sound

Our 42" Samsung plasma is atleast 5 years old, and theres nothing wrong with it! bless it.. just time for an upgrade

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
But as soon as you buy anything, something better comes out.. so why worry about it?

It looks fantastic, and yeah.. the LED is £400 less