ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Le Mans Blue E39 ///M5

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Just get the disks skimmed mate some firms can do them with out taking them off the car (dont ask me how?)

BMW M5 & E36
I'll have to see how thick the discs are to try and get an idea of how old they might be. Not a massive priority just yet but I'll get around to it.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
When I worked at renault we had one of those disc skimmers, did work. Not worth bothering with on your normal stuff but with discs for this probably being around £200 each worth a punt.

BMW M5 & E36
So I've been enjoying the car while I've been off work using last years holiday up. Back to the grind on Wednesday so thought I'd put a few more photos up before it gets parked up.

After a quick scrub the other day:

IMG_5858copy.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg

IMG_3226.jpg

IMG_5864.jpg

Then today I grew a massive pair of balls and went to do some skids in the snow :hail:

m5snow.jpg

431191_10151206617994080_941619405_n.jpg

:)

BMW M5 & E36
[video]https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10152457375910599[/video]

I couldn't get it to embed for some reason. Just a quick video playing in the snow.

Disastra Coupe
Bet that was fun in the snow lol... Driving home in my 330ci was a bit sketchy last night. Kept looking at the snow outside "hmm, that's heavy... i'll just give it half hour"

Half hour later i was like "s**t" lol.

BMW M5 & E36
So, I've not updated this in a good while, nor have I really been on here much in general, I always seem to be working!

Anyway, I've still got it, I've done just shy of 2000 miles in it since I bought it in December so not a great deal, but it keeps it special when I'm not using it with 2 or 3 weeks in between.

Only done a few little bits to it, nothing major. Replaced the ///M5 badge on the boot, replaced a few missing clips to secure the mats, replaced the handle on the armrest cubby hole as it was a bit scabby and scratched:

IMAG0374.jpg

Also had the car MOT'd. Failed first time on front brake imbalance. A late night strip and clean of the front calipers sorted that and it passed with flying colours. I also replaced the front control arms at the same time. Not too bad a job.

Put some 15mm spacers on the front to stop the front wheel lurking in the arches. It sits nicely flush now and matches the back perfectly. Not the best photo to show:

945240_10151419081649080_110470532_n.jpg

One major gripe was the exhaust. The tips in particular. I love the sound of it with the backbox delete but I hated the look of the oversized tips the previous owner had chosen when he had it done. New Y sections of suitable size are few and far between, and pretty dear for what they are, so to DIY it I had to make use of the existing Y piece and hack it about a little.

IMAG0401.jpg

And I offered up some straight cut 2.75" stainless pipe. I used the original tips on the rear silencers to get the offset and size correct, they match up perfectly.

IMAG0403.jpg

I tacked it all together in situ on the car to make sure I got my angles and lengths right, then left the 2 sections with a friend to weld up as I didn't want to buy a reel of stainless wire specifically for 6 welds!

In the mean time I rolled about without any form of tailpipes on it at all:

947261_10151419081819080_1067319487_n.jpg

End result is very pleasing, a definite improvement I hope you'll agree. They'll soot up nicely and blend in with a few miles.

8880_10151449533569080_1814241968_n.jpg

In just over a week I'm heading to Le Mans in it, followed by a 3000 mile trip through France, Monaco, Italy, Switzerland, Germany and Belgium. This is more mileage than I've covered in the car yet so I wanted the car right for the trip. I had an Inspection 2 carried out at Sopers BMW well ahead of schedule so I knew that everything was in order.

I'm due some stickers through this week at some point which is almost tradition for Le Mans, so I'll stick a few pics up when they're on and before I head off on my travels.

Cheers

BMW M5 & E36
  BMW M5 & E36
Superb car. Not jealous much. Need more pictures.

I'll no doubt have plenty to add in a few weeks time. Leaving early doors on Wednesday for LeMans/Eurotrip so I'll report back after.

I seriously seriously want one of these

If you're in a position to be able to buy and run one with a possible bork fund then seriously consider it, such a complete car.

LOL, awesome sticker idea.

I've only nipped to Sainsburys since fitting them and it got a few 'odd' looks shall we say. It's impossible to try and explain to people not in the know of the 'Ring/Ring Taxi what it's all about.

LOL! Love the stickers. How are the running costs treating you?

Cheers. So far so good really, nothing horrendous. MOT wasn't too bad, couple of hundred in parts and a few hours of my time. Service/inspection 2 was pretty reasonable through a friend. Tax is cheaper than my old R26. Insurance not as bad as you might expect. Fuel..... moving on!