ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Le Mans Series Race day + a few supercars

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Today was race day for the European Le Mans Series decider at Silverstone, brilliant weather and some great racing. Here's a selection of my pics.

Firstly a few supercars from around the circuit

IMG_5503.gif

IMG_5504.gif

IMG_5505.gif

IMG_5507.gif

IMG_5509.gif

IMG_5510.gif

and the racing

IMG_5561.gif

IMG_5565.gif

IMG_5583.gif

IMG_5585.gif

IMG_5589.gif

IMG_5592.gif

IMG_5600.gif

IMG_5604.gif

IMG_5611.gif

IMG_5613.gif

IMG_5628.gif

IMG_5653.gif

IMG_5672.gif

IMG_5675.gif

IMG_5702.gif

IMG_5710.gif

IMG_5715.gif

IMG_5718.gif

IMG_5730.gif

IMG_5784.gif

IMG_5788.gif

IMG_5804.gif

IMG_5830.gif

IMG_5929.gif

IMG_5955.gif

IMG_5962.gif

IMG_5964.gif

IMG_5967.gif

IMG_5974.gif

IMG_5985.gif

IMG_5990.gif

IMG_6020.gif

IMG_6043.gif

IMG_6085.gif

IMG_6097.gif

Vulcan did a flypast

IMG_6121.gif

IMG_6132.gif

IMG_6145.gif

Thanks for looking.

RB 182 FF
great pics, i went in the summer to see the 24hr race in leman, would urge anyone who hasn't to do it once in their lifetime!!!!

Golf R soon...
Smashing photos!

Good weather for it as well! God send I bet ;)

Got to love the Zonda's!

172 cup
great pics, i went in the summer to see the 24hr race in leman, would urge anyone who hasn't to do it once in their lifetime!!!!

I second this! I also went this summer and will definately be going again and would recommend everyone to go at least once!!!!

Lovely photos there! Much better than mine from June!!

Cracking photos mate, all the pans are spot on. Any particular locations you found pretty good? I like the panning angle with just the grass behind it. I'm heading up there next weekend so would welcome any tips!

Oil Burner
excellent pans

The last shot with the aston is very good, on purpose or not.

Only minor criticism might be white balance, and out of interest are you shooting raw?

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Many thanks again for all the comments.

Cracking photos mate, all the pans are spot on. Any particular locations you found pretty good? I like the panning angle with just the grass behind it. I'm heading up there next weekend so would welcome any tips!

My favourite spots were Abbey and Priory, which the one's with the grass behind it were taken, that's where i probably spent most of both days.
The inside of the straight between Copse and Maggots, which is where the last 2 were taken, was quite a good spot as well as i found one bit where i could shoot down over the fence.

excellent pans

The last shot with the aston is very good, on purpose or not.

Only minor criticism might be white balance, and out of interest are you shooting raw?

Aston shot more luck than judgement! Yes to shooting raw. Can i ask what i should be doing white balance wise, i'm still pretty new to motorsport photography so any tips are very gratefully received.

nice pics mate i was there too that day, what size lens you using??

Canon 70-200 F4 L

Oil Burner
Well i am still finding issues myself with white levels, i use Auto white level still as on the 40d they are pretty good.

From memory im currently using spot metering, however with a dark coloured car you get a over exposed looking background and i find with partial metering the opposite can happen.

I normally flick between the two depending on the cars/backlight conditions.

I cant remember what i have been using most recently as camera is still away getting new shutter and i just use whatever works at the time.

Experimentation is the key. There is a reason ive taken over 30,000 photos in about 5 months and only have about 7,000 on my smugmug.

BTW, looks like the lense is working great for you.

Great Photos, much better than mine lol. Did you notice the koenigseggs tax disc? £180 for 12 months but the Zonda was £400 for 12 months... strange.

Clio's
Smashing photos!

Good weather for it as well! God send I bet ;)

Got to love the Zonda's!

I was the no. 4 Mechanic on the no. 93 Aston Martin GT2 Vantage and we were praying for rain on race day as the car coped with the wet weather in practice much better than the rest of the GT2's.

Clio's
how did the porsche and aston go mike?? anything break?

The Aston went supprisingly well. Just a problem with the front floor but soon got it sorted. It had a few problems in testing and qualifying though!

The Porsche crashed out after about an hour and half! unable to get fixed!

Fiat Coupe 20vt
I was the no. 4 Mechanic on the no. 93 Aston Martin GT2 Vantage and we were praying for rain on race day as the car coped with the wet weather in practice much better than the rest of the GT2's.

That Vantage was for me amongst the best sounding cars in the race, along with the Corvette and the Murciélago, it sounded absolutely brutal!

Clio's
Yeh it does sound nice. The vantage went to the first round at barcelona but the had problems with the engine so it went back to aston for development work and when we got it back and tested it at pembry on tuesday the drivers were saying that it sounds and feels like a different car