ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking Headlamp washer ball

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Today i filled up my screenwash tank with about 2 litres of water, and i noticed that my passsenger side headlamp washer is now leaking:( will it stop leaking when the level of screenwash drops, or is it a case of replacing the washer ball?

What really annoys me is that i've just had the drivers washer ball replaced, that one popped out:mad:

Cheers Fletcher.

Lee

BMW M2C
It's a bumper off job which takes a couple of hours. It the ball pops out you can often get away with just buying a new stalk and swapping the ball, but if it leaks that's a replacement stalk needed.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Lee

I haven't had the car very long and i brought it off a Renault dealer so it's under warranty so back to the garage again:mad:

I think the next Clio i get will be a cup or a Trophy then i won't have any of these headlamp washer problems.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I wanted to get either a 172 cup or Trophy, but my partner prefered the interior, and all of the gadgets including those pesky headlamp washers that come with the 172.

Megane225FF
sometimes they stop leaking on their own accord.. if they continue, give them a smack, it worked on one of mine.. the other didn't take too kindly and continued to leak.. bumper off job :mad:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers thedoc

The funny thing is that it only started leaking after i filled up the screenwash:mad: i'm off out soon so i'll take your advice a give it a whack.

Fletcher.

BMW 320d SE
Hey Fletch, mine does exactly the same - I fill it up with screenwash/water, then the headlamp washers leak continuously for about a day, then stop on their own. Maybe it's to do with increased water pressure behind the "balls" when the reservoir is full?
Should I take mine to Renault, as it's under warranty still? I just don't want to feel like an idiot going to complain about something which seems so trivial! :eek: