ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking Headlight Washer Jet - 172

Renaultsport Clio 172
Any easy fixes for stopping a headlight washer jet leaking?

Don't really want to f*ck around with taking the bumper off, even though most say it's an easy job.

One headlight washer jet is dribbling water all of a sudden.

Any way of blocking it off or replacing without bumper removal?

Ta

Think the only way is to replace it. Mines does it too, but I haven't got round to sorting it. I just spray my windows when the lights are off lol

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
they cost 13.50 each from renault.

Different part numbers for each side aswell.

Can post em if you want em

Renaultsport Clio 172
Drivers side is the one that's broken. It just a seal that needs replacing or the whole knob thing? And is there a guide as to how to replace?

Ta

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The whole thing needs replacing mate. Im not sure which part number is the one for the drivers side either. I just have two part numbers lol.

To replace you have to remove the arch lining, undo the bolt behind the bumper and it comes out.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Mine's randomly started to do it too.

I think there was a similar thread the other day, and someone said if you take the arch liner out and have small hands and arms, you can disconnect the washer from the water line, undo a bolt and take it out without taking the bumper off.

lol I'm too slow.

My car has a dealer warranty until March, so I am going to try get it done through that. Although with the reputation of aftermarket warranties, I don't fancy my chances.