ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leaking pass footwell and rear bench :(

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Yesterday I was cleaning the inside of my car when I noticed that the passanger side footwell was damp...When I lifted the carpet and removed various bits of trim I found that the sponge that sits beneath the carpet was absolutely soaking...I knew I had a leak somewhere as my windows kept freezing in the cold etc.

Also under my rear bench (passanger side) there was a puddle of water, I checked underneath the roof rail/guttering and there were no noticeable holes or anything.

Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance
Liam

Oil Burner
Footwell leak can be the door seal.

The rear bench leak was sorted in my previous clio by re-sealing the round rubber seals that are on the shell part of the tailgate surround, next to the headlights. The bit where the rubber stops on the actual tailgate touch. (will make sense when you see it) A bit of clear sealant stopped the puddles on mine. I also sealed the bolts under the rear bench, seat belt bolts and bolts holding the Bar along the seats down. No idea if this helped, but it stopped.