ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking Power Steering

My power steering fluid is pissing out all over the floor under the car got nothing left in it now! My alternator is covered in fluid and running down my front bumper! Does anybody know wot this is??? Is it the power steering pump or a broken pipe somewhere??? Had a quick look but dont know wot im looking for and cant really see under the car.

How much am i looking to pay?? Heard its qiute expensive??

Cheers!

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

I suspect the main pump to rack high pressure pipe is split. It runs from the pump under the engine along the subframe to the rack itself.

Fitting a new one requires the engine to be lifted.

If you would like me to price the job for you, drop me an email - mailto:paul@infinicar.com">paul@infinicar.com

HTH

Paul

Is it ok to drive the car without power steering??

Will it cause anymore problems???

Surely its gonna be heavy steering thats it????

I had the same prob!!

just go to renault buy a new power steering resivoir and fit it!! that cost around £15...

try that before do any other things...

i have the same problem. I just keep tooping it up every week. You can get a new power steering rack for about 200quid, or you can try scrappy??!

IT WILL BE THE METAL PIPE WHICH RUNS ALONG THE FRONT OF THE BLOCK (8mm DIA) IT COMES OUT OF THE FRONT OF THE PUMP AND THEN GOES INTO A FLEXIBLE HYDRALIC PIPE FURTHER DOWN, THIS WENT ON MINE ABOUT 85K I THINK IT IS ABOUT £30 FROM RENAULT AND TAKES AROUND 3 HRS TO FIT REQUIRES THE RAD TO BE REMOVED AND THE ALTERNATOR, WHEN MINE WENT IT COVERED THE FRONT BUMPER ON THE DRIVERS SIDE, THE ALTERNATOR AND THE UNDERSIDE OF MY BONNET, ON THE END OF THE PIPE IS A UNION AND AFTER TIME THE PIPE DEVELOPES AN AIRLINE CRACK WHICH CAUSES THE LEAK, I JUST HAD PROBLEMS AGAIN WITH MY PAS WAS ANOTHER PIPE WHICH WENT (RACK BYPASS PIPE)

I CAN ALMOST CERTAINLY GUARNTEE THIS WILL BE YOUR PROBLEM I WILL PUT YOU THE PART NUMBER BELOW NORMALLY COMES NEXT DAY,

PART NO. = R77 00 816 724 PIPE PAS 33.26 + VAT

ROB

Clio_Bus, Sorry mate but it aint the resavoir thats leaking thanks anyhow,

Wado, Tried topping it up, Then it just starts pissing out all over the floor and my front bumper again, Cheers anyway!

CLIO16V_BOY, Now ya talking! Same thing is happening to mine, got it booked in a garage tmoz so hopefully be sorted! Nice one! Wot was the other pipe that went??????? Because would it be a good idea to replace this pipe while im having the other one done?????? And can you tell what condition the pump is in while doing it???????

TONY:)