ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking Sunroof

Yup, it looks as though my Clio has joined the many others and now has a leaking sunroof, joy!

I've already checked drain holes and they are both clear so I am assuming it is now the seal.

How easy is this to replace by yourself? I'm not that great when it comes to DIY stuff, has anyone got a guide?

Or would I just be safer to take it to a local garage/body shop?

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
its not really difficult just tedious. need to lower the roof lining down, being careful not to damage it then there is about 20 10mm bolts holding the sunroof down with a large bracket. Undo them and the sunroof just simply lifts out. Make sure you remove the glass before attempting anything though just to protect it. Just unclip it from the lever that lifts it up and just lift it up and unhook it.

When the units out make sure everything is clean.

BTW I also by my sunroof seals from B&Q as its the exact same stuff you get from renault. The all weather door seals at 5mm thick is the stuff. Its about £6 whereas renault its £50 i think

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
its not really difficult just tedious. need to lower the roof lining down, being careful not to damage it then there is about 20 10mm bolts holding the sunroof down with a large bracket. Undo them and the sunroof just simply lifts out. Make sure you remove the glass before attempting anything though just to protect it. Just unclip it from the lever that lifts it up and just lift it up and unhook it.

When the units out make sure everything is clean.

BTW I also by my sunroof seals from B&Q as its the exact same stuff you get from renault. The all weather door seals at 5mm thick is the stuff. Its about £6 whereas renault its £50 i think

Please can you link me to that on their website as this is also something that I really need to do on my mk1.

Cheers!

Clio Sport 1.2 8v
Hey mine was real ba and drain holes was clear mine was leaking into passenger side rear footwell i took the glass off the sunroof whick pops right off, then pulled off the seal (you will see it stright away) and then i cleaned under where the seal sits free of dirt and put some clear glue under the seal, it worked a treat for me and cost me £1 for some glue :) just a thought

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
Yeah there is that big rubber seal aswel but i have never faulted one and I have done many.

Not saying Aston Hammer is lieing its always a possibily. Gotta be worth a go

Clio Sport 1.2 8v
Id give it a go first if i was you , was just a long shot for me but gladly it worked fine, just run the clear clue under where the seal sits and under the side of the seal onto the plastic, looks just as it did before minus the pond in the back footwell aha