ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leaking water through sunroof or ariel hole on mk 1 1.4rt

1.5DCI/1.4RT new 7 seater
Can anyone abvise my on the bset course of action.
My mk 1 1.4 rt is leaking water in on top of the remote controller for the remote immobiliser and central locking mech on my 1.4 rt.
Does anyone know if it is more liably going to be the sunroof or the areil hole thats at fault, and whichever whats the bset way of curing this problem, as its driving me mad, everytime the cars left and it rains i get a shower from the map reading light hole in my centre console.
Help, Help ,help
:dead: :dapprove:

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Common fault that it's usually the sunroof as with my old RT. Needed a new seal. In the end, I just siliconed the whole thing shut.

valver
i had this problem with my valver through my aerial i think now its screwed up my alarm system and cant start the bloody thing

Suzuki SV1000S
best thing to do is go to B&Q and by some sealant. pull the roof lining down and remove alarm sensor area plasticy thing. and seal the whole lot up.

I am planning on doing mine when I get the chance

valver
anybody know if you've got to program the chip board thing if you put a new one in, i had to with the receiver but not sure about this?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Chris1.4RT said:
Common fault that it's usually the sunroof as with my old RT. Needed a new seal. In the end, I just siliconed the whole thing shut.
yep same here...its not just the rt's, all sunroof mk1s do it! i used some black sealent on mine, did the job 100% for 2 years...

you dont need to seal the whole thing sute, it dosnt come in on the inside of the sunroof, its the actual outter edge it seeps thru, just a run of the gun around there and its fine. and you can still use sunroof

Oyster Card
I've got to do this at the weekend too, as I literally get scared when cornering I look up and wait for the heavens to open, or in my case the sunroof button to dump a load of water over me.

I'm pretty sure you need to seal the very edge of the sunroof and thats what Fatty means, the edge which meets the actual roof of the car, as the roof warps and gaps appear after time.

1996 Renault Clio Hybrid
I saw a trickle of water come from my c/l bit on the sunroof yesterday in all this snow/rain. Was daunting. :(

Renault clio mk2
After sealing the ariel hole I have sealed the ir control unit in a plastic sandwich bag just incase it starts to leak again!

1.5DCI/1.4RT new 7 seater
good tip the sandwich bag might do that one also as thats the main worry with this damn leak apart from the impromtue shower that is
Ok to clarify are we talking about sealing the outer edge of the plastic surround that surrounds the sunroof on the roof opr sealing the outer edge of the glass part of the sunroof.
Also when looking for the supposed drain holes in the corners of the sunroof i also drew ablank can anyone shed any more light on where they actually are as either im blind or someones robbed me of them which might explain why my roof leaks lol
Any and all help appricaited
Doobster

Oyster Card
Yeah great tip, I done that on my old RT and should have said, if the roof has been leaking first WD40 it at the back and the end where the wires go into it before wrapping it on a sandwich bag.
WD40'ing it actually improved it's range for me; either mines buggered or they are not very responsive anyway - some people can lock there cars from the otherside of the road I need to be about 2meters or closer to do mine.

Skoda Fabia vRS
id also like a picture, mines doing it with a genuine seal thats less than 2 years old !

Clio mk1
mate mine had the same jus undun the airiel and siliconed round the seal and dun the same to the edge of the seal on the sunroof no probs now!