ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Learner Driver Insurance Companies, 0 years experience, 0 no claims, Modifications

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
Aim of this thread is to make a list of companies providing cover for learner drivers:

Please tell me when you get insurance so i can update this

[Phone Only] What is described here is only available through the phone

[BlackBox] Based on driving habits the next payment is calculated, the monthly instalment can increase or decrease. A tracker is installed on your car which gathers:
  • Distance driven
  • Times of the day driven
  • Acceleration, braking and cornering g-forces
  • Speed
  • Position (Can be used for recovery, if not disabled by crooks)
Policies can be cancelled due to factors such as speeding, huge negative impact on insurance costs for the next 5 years. Insurance price can increase above quoted based on driving.

[Curfew] The vehicle cannot be driven at certain times of the day, usually at night. Heavy penalties for driving at restricted times, expect around £100 fine per infringement. May allow moving of the car within limited radius of original parking spot.

No Modifications

InsureTheBox [Curfew][BlackBox]

Light Modifications

iKube [Blackbox][Curfew][Visual Mods]

Tesco Car Insurance [Visual Mods, Catback][Mods at no cost] [Mods noted in policy][Modification on Phone Only]

Heavier Modifications

Admiral Group (Admiral, Elephant, Diamond)

Admiral Group (Bell) [BlackBox]

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
Re: Learner Driver Insurance Companies, 0 years experience, 0 no claims, Modification

Oh god, this was supposed to be a Young driver thread :(

Can someone change the title?

mk 2 clio
I'm with insurethebox. There's no curfew on it. Can drive anytime. And payments don't change on how you drive. Just gives you bonus miles if you drive well. But if you go over the miles you'll have to buy more or pay at end of the year.

306 GTI-6
So you will end up paying more when old granny smith pulls out on you, causing you to break and swerve, because it records heavy beaking and g forces. Followed by the insurance company immediately thinking you are driving poorly.

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
Re: Learner Driver Insurance Companies, 0 years experience, 0 no claims, Modification

Well this was a terrible idea, i can't edit the first post anymore. You can on other forums