ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leasing a Clio?

P

peterh2

Looking for a cheap run about for my mum. Does not need to be fast but must be cheap / reliable / easy to park etc. and I like the look of the new Clio.

Trying to work out what would be best for her in terms of overall cost of ownership. She always seems to buy new and she also tends not to keep cars once the warranty period ends so she wouldn't be looking to keep it for more than 3 years. This has made me think car leasing might be a good option for her?

Would leasing a Clio for 3 years work out cheaper than buying one when depreciation and the low trade price dealers tend to offer for them are taken into account? I have found one - http://www.theleasingdirectory.com/...ype=3&search_car_make=35&search_car_model=242 which works out at about £163 per month once the VAT has been added. This car has a list price of £9,840.00 and the total cost of the lease over 3 years will be £6,194.00. What do you think the trade price of the car will be over 3 years and how much is it likely to cost her on a more traditional hire purchase finance agreement?

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Id have thought around the same. Unless the lease includes servicing etc.

P

peterh2

No it doesn't include servicing but does seem quite simple and she wouldn't have any concerns about not being able to get rid of it in 3 years time. There is also Renaults personal contract purchase option whereby you can give it back at the end but they seem to want a larger deposit in the first place (although the monthly costs are lower).

Black Clio GT
all depends on milage etc

you can a get a clio campus 1.2 for about £100 a month non maintaince over 3 years!!
if you do lots of miles then add a service and tyre agreement to it.

weve just orderd 20 for the office biatches lol

Renaultsport Clio V6
My mother has leased a 56 plate 1.5 dci old shape clio, she was alot more happy with leasing, the only thing is that you dont own a car at the end of you term. But you dont get residuals. And when her lease finnishes she can get a brand new car on lease again.;)

She wanted my 182 when i sold it. I think she expected me to give it to her on the cheap. Not likley mother :rasp: She still says that she wants a 182.

Anything from the fleet
Brand new Clio Extreme can be had for £139 deposit and £139 per month and that's over 3 years on a Renault PCP deal. GFV at the end and you either give it back, trade it in or pay the GFV and keep it. Hope this helps.