ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leather Door Card Finish

I hve just completed the task of re-trimming my door cars to match my lovely R19 interior.. Unfortunately the leather hasnt got the same finish as the seats and looks rather dull in comparison. Has anybody any idea what i should use to get that nice shiny smooth finish??

Any feedback much appreciated...

Only prob i can see is when the weather is warm (when!!) and the interior of the car heats up... the black polish may rub off and stain hands or clothing..

There must be some kind of wax out there somewhere???

erm.....................really cant think of anything that would brighten the leather up. you can buy things like leather cleaners etc etc, suppose you could try something like that? could always get hold of a new set??

Willy2

i had a different problem i used leatherette to finish my cloth inserts on the door cards i used.................................wait for it........................WD40 to shine them up and it worked a treat, i dont know how real leather will react, try it out you may be surprised! oh by the way im deadly serious!

Try baby oil. Sponge it on a VERY little at a time and rub gently in a circular motion.

And no - you dont want to know how I found this out :oops: