ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leaving headlights on

mk2 clio 172
Hi guys.

I have a 52 plate 172 cup that's all stripped out.
I keep leaving the headlights on because there is no warning buzzer reminding me to turn them off, any ideas how I resolve this?

Also the central locking sometimes locks and unlocks itself as you drive along. Possibly related?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm getting annoyed of the car being totally dead when I get back to it!

Thanks

Zach

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I've gotten extra lazy, I don't even switch my headlights on anymore, just rely on the auto function to do it for me.
Never need to worry about them being left on that way, take key out, lights turn off!

anyway, back to OP.
To resolve your problem, stop being a numpty and remember to switch them off?
can't offer anything more helpful than that I'm afraid.

mk2 clio 172
Cheers for the replies. I seem to leave them on after having them on during the day, like with the morning fog so don't notice an illuminated dash when Iget out.

My car doesn't have auto lights they turn on via the indicator stalk

Thanks

Are you sure they don't? I thought all sports had auto lights + wipers ? (they maybe just turned off)

Not that it will help if you turn them on when its not dark enough to come on manually though sadly.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Cheers for the replies. I seem to leave them on after having them on during the day, like with the morning fog so don't notice an illuminated dash when Iget out.

My car doesn't have auto lights they turn on via the indicator stalk

Thanks
They all turn on/off via the stalk, but have auto aswell.
Take the keys out and switch the lights on-off 3 times fast.

That should turn auto lights on / off

mk2 clio 172
It won't fatty but it's good to know that I can do that. Will give it a go once the battery is charged!

Would like to know why the door buzzer doesn't work though..

Thanks

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Top of the windscreen, in the base for the rear view mirror
You can see it if you look at the top middle of the screen from the outside

mk2 clio 172
OK battery is back in today and the car definitely doesn't have auto lights.
Also when the ignition is on and the door is open then the red door warning symbol is illuminated on the dash but as soon as ignition is off or the keys are out then the symbol disappears, even if the door is still open. Is that normal?

I also assume the lights left on buzzer comes from the dash and not the speakers because the car has no speakers.

Thanks

mk2 clio 172
I have just been for a play to see if i can find the issue and noticed my indicators don't tick when on, nor with hazards. Indicators work as they should though. I assume whatever it is that creates these noises is broken...

mk2 clio 172
Just had a read about it and the uch seems to be more the control of the lights and indicators etc that all work fine, just no noise?

I may be wrong

R

RyanWXM

Also when the ignition is on and the door is open then the red door warning symbol is illuminated on the dash but as soon as ignition is off or the keys are out then the symbol disappears, even if the door is still open. Is that normal?
Yes this is normal

172 cup does not have auto lights or wipers.
If it is stripped - you may have removed the thing that makes the noise, I'm not sure what does it. I know in my cup when it was stripped the indicator "click" was not present you could hear the relay though but it was much quieter. I can't remember about the lights with door open beep.