ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED Dash conversion

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Just finished the speedo, chuffed with how it turned out! One problem though.. The trip display isn't working!? It's lighting up, but not displaying anything. Whilst soldering the smd's for it, i managed to burn a hole through one of them (1st time doing anything like this lol) and didn't think to buy spares, so there are only 3 SMD's there, not 4. Is this my problem? Does there have to be something there to complete the circuit? Anyway heres a pic :D

DSC00146.jpg

Cheers

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Re: LED Dash cinversion

Just removed a tiny spec of solder that was randomly on the circuit, now i can see 'ok' when i start instead of the usual 'oil ok' and then it goes blank again? Anyone had problems like this? Or am i just going to have to buy a new speedo and put all my hard work to waste lol :( any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu

just press the button on the indicator stalk when you start up and it should display the oil level

MK3

Dynamiqueee

I've tried mate, instead of coming up with all the usual info such as MPG, miles left in tank ect i just get the picture of a car at the bottom, no numbers or anything? Mileage isn't showing up either. Basically only the bottom 3rd of the display is working

Clio 182 arctic

it may work when all the light are working but if they dont then really its only an lcd problem. u havent knocked it or anything have you.

Polo + Micra

i'd say it probably is an easy fix as it is partly working

just need someone to have a look at it that sort of knows what they are looking for

MK3

Dynamiqueee

I havn't knocked or drop anything, and i've checked every square mm of the circuit and there are no marks or anything that look like they shouldn't be there. Would somebody mind educating me on how lcd screens work lol? How could 4 smd's not connected to the screen display so many different types of information? For example, how does it change from different settings like mileage to didtance travelled to MPG? Hopefully if i learn a little i might be able to figure what the problem is. Thanks

renault clio 1.6 rsi

well mine is done some heres some pics sorry for poor quality my cam is crap

SP_A0021.jpg

SP_A0020.jpg

SP_A0019.jpg

SP_A0018.jpg

i also took the red paint off the needles and painted the little caps for the needles but thts not clear in the dark al add a couple more tomoro :D

MK3

Dynamiqueee

All sorted with the display now! Nothing wrong with the board atall, i just didn't tighten the screws going into it tight enough! Easy fix, means i can finally put my dash back in lol. Yeh i started taking the paint off the needles as i didn't want red, then realised white needles on a white display looks gash lol so i'll have to get some more blue smd's in. I was going to go for a full blue dash to begin with, but i think the white looks more subtle / less in your face.

Polo + Micra
white needles on white backlit dials looks ok thats what i had on mine

glad you got the display sorted

MK3

Dynamiqueee
^^ Look blue too me mate.

Can't decide wether i like it or not tbh, so i'm sticking with my white rev needle and red everything else. How would i go about illuminating them blue? Would colouring the bottom edge of the needle in felt tip work?

white needles on white backlit dials looks ok thats what i had on mine

glad you got the display sorted