ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED down lighting.

ITB BG 182
Im trying to get some LED down lighting for some of the rooms in the house.
I know there is some Luxeon led lights but dont know how much or where to get them from.

I will need power units and any cabling that might or could come with them.

The lights that are in at the moment are ring tubes and been there since the house was built around the early 1970's, these are still very bright and need some thing as equally as bright but also has to be flush to the ceiling as possible, me being 6'4" and the room only being 7ft i dont want to keep ducking out of the way.

So can anyone recommend where is best to get these from or any sparkies on here that would be able to say roughly how much to fit 6 of them.

Dont know if your up for B&Q? Or posh stuff?

All of their LED lighting was half price when I popped in at the weekend.

ITB BG 182
The stuff in B&Q didnt seem bright enough, it would illuminate a room but i would be better off with an ordinary bulb than what they sell.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
How bloody random, we've just had some delivered to the office for the sparks to install, very cheap in a sale, will try sort you with a link, 1 min.

BMW F31
Check out philips' website for their new led bulbs and light fittings. Quite a few of my clients are using them in new developments as they have 15 and 25 year life spans and cost is negligible when compared to standard halogens.

ITB BG 182
id charge u 200 for the six light s
Thats good, coming to nottingham anytime soon?

I still can not find any of the new led lights that are really bright, they all seem a little on the dull side.
I've been to B&Q, Homebase, Lightworld UK, The Light House Store, Bright Idea.
Ive seen on the Philips website that they are meant to have some ultra bright leds, but untill i see them in person i will never know how bright they actually are.