ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED HEADLIGHTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Fiesta ST2 MP215
So you've resorted to being a smart arse because you were wrong about the lights? Good move there

No read my other post and look at the link from one of the Largest Car Light Bulb websites in the UK and Find me an Actual Xenon Bulb that isn't HID. They do not exist, no one has come back about that remarkably.

100% Cs intelligence levels has dropped as of late.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/store/category/car-bulbs/fitting/h1-448/2

Find me a bulb that has Xenon gas that fits in these cars? I wonder why they don't have any from a reputable retailer? they only have the Xenon Effect, why....... because they will not ignite.

Yes, you're obviously proving that they have.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...productId_1000047_langId_-1_categoryId_165538 oops sorry, Halfords not reputable now?

Look, you're wrong stop making yourself look silly.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382356841.265523.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1382356851.812767.jpg
My HIDs

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
No read my other post and look at the link from one of the Largest Car Light Bulb websites in the UK and Find me an Actual Xenon Bulb that isn't HID. They do not exist, no one has come back about that remarkably.

They do exist. Standard filament bulbs are halogen gas filled, but recently xenon gas filled bulbs have become available. Xenon is an inert gas and allows the bulb to run cooler than halogen gas does. This allows the bulbs to run brighter without running any hotter. These are still legal to run in reflector lenses and they still come in various fitting like H1, H7 etc.

HID bulbs on the other hand still have xenon gas in them but the gas itself is ignited and it is this that gives off the light, not a filament

Fiesta ST2 MP215
And so are the ones he f**king linked on post #4

Such an idiot my god, I'll paste the descripton of the Ebay add, if this isn't Saying they contain Xenon I don't know what is.
XENON BULBS ICE BLUE HID SET INCLUDES:

2 X ICE BLUE (6500K) H1 55 Watt Main (high) beam bulbs
2 X ICE BLUE (6500K) H7 55 Watt Dipped (driving) beam bulbs
and a pair of ICE White sidelight bulbs
The ICE BLUE Xenon headlight bulbs gives a superb white light with a very distinctive blue tint to give your car that modern HID look without any of the cost!
The double blue filter reduces the yellow light emitted from the headlights whilst the XENON gas allows the bulb to burn considerably brighter to produce up to 50% more usable light on the road than a normal halogen gas filled bulb yet consume the same power!
All of our bulbs are made from Quartz glass for plastic lens compatibility.

it's not correct, they cannot contain Xenon.

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST2 MP215
Take a second to reread the thread, I think you've got your wires crossed somewhere, as there's a few of us in agreement and you're sat the other side of the fence.

No the guy has asked about Led lights originally, I suggested Xenon, he posted the Ebay ad with HID bulbs, but fit standard fitment and filled with Xenon Gas, so the advert is complete crap, they cannot be HID and standard fitment or not filled with Xenon but just tinted, I then said HID in relector lights are illegal, everyone else then attacks, I fail to see how I am wrong here, so fact is.

HID kits are illegal when not fitted the way the factory intended them to be.
The Ebay advert is complete Crap
HID lightbulbs ( Xenon Bulbs, not Xenon LOOK ) will not fit in a regular light fitting without the proper and illegal kit.
MOT is irrelevant to having them fitted as long as aligned.
See if ECP sell them.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Nothing at all. Just ignore Harbringer as he doesn't know what hes on about. The ones on ebay are perfectly legal and I've had them for around two years with no issues at all

you clearly are stupid or cannot read, I've already posted this, Halford = Not Xenon, Ebay= Xenon but illegal due to only fitting in a reflector lamp.

Clio Rs 200T
Right ill just get the halfords ones if the are similar to Xenon lights they will do, just have to try finding them cheaper

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Them ebay ones are exactly the f**king same.

I'm out

I fail to see how they are the same, Halfords one say Xenon Look, they are a halogen bulb with blue tint.
the Ebay ones are HID Xenon Bulbs ( as posted ), No one on Earth can explain that any better, unless you want me to make a video for you and use crayons and paper to try?

you clearly are stupid or cannot read, I've already posted this, Halford = Not Xenon, Ebay= Xenon but illegal due to only fitting in a reflector lamp.

So now, because people have not understood what you were ranting on about in an obscure way, you're resorting to insulting people. Your posts weren't as clear cut as you think they were.

Stop being an idiot.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Right ill just get the halfords ones if the are similar to Xenon lights they will do, just have to try finding them cheaper

Try that link I posted a few pages back, they are quite good and have the Blue Xenon Look and they are cheaper than halfrauds and won't insult you by asking if you need help fitting them, which I'd like to try and see if they do on a 182 for £6.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
So now, because people have not understood what you were ranting on about in an obscure way, you're resorting to insulting people. Your posts weren't as clear cut as you think they were.

Stop being an idiot.

Sorry Feirny, I'm not actually trying to be a c**t at all to be honest, All I was trying to explain to the OP was that HID's are illegal and can cause you untold grief, which as a new driver is something you want to avoid, I'm sure everyone in the thread can appreciate that.

So, I'll try once more and be clear as I can, HID " kit " in the Ebay advert = Illegal ( seller does not say they are legal for road use in a reflector lamp, and terms of Emarking will apply where the car is permitted to have them out of the factory), the image is not what you will receive, says so in the sellers conditions, it's a generic image, maybe that caused confusion to some.
Halfords ones, Just Halogen bulbs, perfectly fine to use.
Getting annoyed constantly misspelling Bulbs now so I'm off.

No, you can also get pulled from putting the bulbs in with a HID kit, just get the whole lamps, looks so much better.

Sorry Feirny, I'm not actually trying to be a c**t at all to be honest, All I was trying to explain to the OP was that HID's are illegal and can cause you untold grief, which as a new driver is something you want to avoid, I'm sure everyone in the thread can appreciate that.

So, I'll try once more and be clear as I can, HID " kit " in the Ebay advert = Illegal ( seller does not say they are legal for road use in a reflector lamp, and terms of Emarking will apply where the car is permitted to have them out of the factory), the image is not what you will receive, says so in the sellers conditions, it's a generic image, maybe that caused confusion to some.
Halfords ones, Just Halogen bulbs, perfectly fine to use.
Getting annoyed constantly misspelling Bulbs now so I'm off.

I'm back as you need correcting.

The linked bulbs in post #4 or whatever are NOT HID's and is certainly not a HID kit (these cost around £30-£45).

THEY ARE HID LOOK, NOT HID's

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I'm back as you need correcting.

The linked bulbs in post #4 or whatever are NOT HID's and is certainly not a HID kit (these cost around £30-£45).

THEY ARE HID LOOK, NOT HID's

Are you basing this on the image though? Read my other post, the image you see is not what you're going to get, it's a generic image.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.