ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED Sidelight bulb - help fitting

2006 Clio
Hey there,

I bought a set of LED sidelight bulbs, was easy enough to locate, take the rubber backing off, disconnect and take bulb and bulb holder unit out, however it seems and looks like the bulb is soldered tot the holder? It maybe I wasn't pulling hard enough but I didn't want to risk breaking anything.

I got these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231076574120?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Could anyone shine any light on how to remove the actual bulb and replace?

Thanks

Steve.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Make sure you're pulling on enough of the bulb, I assume it goes into the holder which is then soldered?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
They are capless bulbs i.e. they don't have a metal base. These bulbs are just a push fit connection. So just pull on the bulb and the thin part of the bulb at the bottom will come out of the bulb holder.

2006 Clio
Yeah felt stupid in asking, it just looked like the bottom bulb connections were soldered on and not able to pull out as they didn't want to come free.
I'll have another go at it, just didn't want to break it and be without a sidelight!