ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

left hand side head light

172 cup
Hi,

I managed to slide into the back of one of the people carrier type thingies with a spare wheel on the back over the back holiday (they cut me up on the M1! grr) not much damage done just a broken left hand side headlamp and a sli9ghtly lifted bonnet. (not a mark on the other vehicle).

The plastic casing is broken and the indicator bulb cracked. can I just replace the casing or do I need a whole new head lamp ? The bonnet catch is also bent so I cant pop the bonnet to look at it properly (and dont want to force it incase I cant shut it again afterwards...)

Any idea if I can just replace the plastic outter case ? or if the whole lot needs to come out ? I guess when i cn get it to a garage they will be able to tell me but I wanted some idea before I took it in.

Thanks!

You'll need a whole new unit, and probably a new slam panel and bonnet by the sounds of things.

172 cup
I think the bonnet might just bend back as its just the corner that lifted (where the other 'cars' spare wheel cover caught it)

slam panel ?? I think I need to google that as I dont know what that is ?