ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Length of warranty

I purchased an imported Clio in June this year and was told that i had a 2 year standard manufacturers warranty from Renault, and only cars bought from Renault UK have 3 year warranties. Having opened up the post today i have a letter from Renault UK informing me i have a 3 year warranty but am not entitled to the breakdown cover that they give to cars brought from there dealers.

Has everybody else got a 3 year warranty, as every importer i spoke to earlier in the year told me i would only get a 2 year warranty?

This has come as a very pleasant suprise.

Theres load of posts about this if you have a look back, but basically yes, most people now realise you are entitled to the full 3 year warranty.

Ive been told to send certain documents to Renault UK to validate my warranty, have you already done this?

The letter just said my car had a 3 year warranty, a warranty and service booklet was enclosed and that was all. I had some info of a couple of months ago, but just assumed i was getting the 2 year warranty.

I got mine from Trade Sales, and it only came with a 2 year standard warranty. I bought an extended 1 year warranty from them for £300. Have I been ripped off? I only got it for piece of mind, but if its covered anyway it seems a bit bad of them to sell add on warranties. I thought the three year warranty was on Uk cars, and the european warranty was two years.

I thought that it was two years warranty with Renault and another one with the dealer. Thats common practice I think - an easy solution for manufacturers once competitors upped the ante (they spread the risk with the dealer).

I think it was Joe (Captain Slarty) who got his money back from Motorpoint. Im in the process of getting mine back too but its taking rather a long time..........

I just did the same with Motorpoint in derby, just faxed the lady at autosupport with my email from renault (stating the 3 years thing) and she texted me back about 10minutes later informing me the £399 cheque was in the post.

Didnt even question it

Ta

Jamie