ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lense for motorsport?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
any one recomend a lense for xmas that i can use for zooming in on motorsport

been looking at 70-300s but some of them are described as mocro lenses?

i really dont know much lol

B

Brown.

i have the apo...its an excellent lens!!!......it has a macro feature which means you can use it like a micro scope type of thing to get really up close to ....macro just means up really close........

_MG_7759.jpg

on my old bus : in its retracted position

05032008751.jpg

_MG_9109.jpg

Flower.jpg

Octavia vRS tfsi
Impressive photos!!

I'll be looking at getting one of these then in the new year. That's as long as Santa keeps his promise and arrives with the Canon 1000d that he's promised!

What would be good options for both fish-eye and wide angle lenses?

B

Brown.

10mm sigma for fish eye, but its expensive..... cant beat a 17-85mm IS canon for wide angle and a nice bit of zoom.

What would be good options for both fish-eye and wide angle lenses?

Not cheap, and not cheap :)

Best all round wide angle (and it's incredibly wide at the widest end) would probably be the Sigma 10-20, about £300. You won't get anything cheaper than that and it's used by everyone from newbies to pros.

Not fisheye, but at 10mm it distorts nicely...

200413920_GuLd6-M.jpg

Renault Clio S
Dito the Simga 10-20mm (which on a Canon 1000D will give you the equivalent 35mm focal length of 16mm). You won’t get a better wide lens for around the £320 mark, although this particular lens has gone up in price recently. I bought mine about 6-months ago for £280. It’s not particularly fast though with 4.5 being the widest aperture setting.

B

Brown.

Am selling my f/4 btw, if any ones interested in the sales bit of the forum

B

Brown.

same story as the 120- 400 sigma i had, i think i have a problem...... i just have a habbit of buying stuff realising am not really gonna use it then selling it lol..... just doing my bit for the economy lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
GOT THE SIGMA 70-300 TESTED IT LAST NIGHT BUT I HAD TO GIVE IT BACK TO MY DAD AS ITS AN XMAS PRESENT LOL