ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Letter to Renault UK.

Cam

182 Cup
Just drafted a letter to RUK. not sure whether to post it on here as its pretty bad! I'll PM it to anyone who wants it as i would like an opinion to what ive written. thanks in advance. :)

Black Gold 182FF
Send me a pm, need a good read at this time in the morning as there is nothing on the telly.
Cam said:
Just drafted a letter to RUK. not sure whether to post it on here as its pretty bad! I'll PM it to anyone who wants it as i would like an opinion to what ive written. thanks in advance. :)

racing blue 182 cup
pm me m8 my letter to ruk and reg vardy head office will be sent on monday, should be interesting to c what problems your having

Golf R/Leon FR
just read it cam, seems a fair letter considering all the problems you've had with the 182, was expecting it to be worse than that tbh. you should post it on here fella, it wont do any harm.

DC5
Don't expect to get a reply. I never when I was having problems. Sent a nice long email AT THEIR request. They didn't even acknowledge it.

Cam

182 Cup
fcuking joke! i'll keep sending it! I was expecting the odd problem being a Renault but just lost the enthusiasm for the car now.

Shhh
sent it me too..

ive had over 18 items replaced on the 182...its the car from hell.

Needs new exhaust next week aswell....

M140i/Orange 182
bloddy hell! some people get bad ones then! mine hasnt been back to reno since new (touch wood) :)

Ted182 said:
bloddy hell! some people get bad ones then! mine hasnt been back to reno since new (touch wood) :)

Tell me about it, although I'm destined for a breakdown after saying this...I'm on my 3rd Clio now, covered around 120k in 6 years and never had a single breakdown or any problems whatsoever. Clio 1 was an N reg RL Prima, took that past 110k with no probs, Clio 2 was an 03 1.2 Dynamique from new and kept that for 25k, and car 3 is my 53 172 Cup, which I've just done 16k in my first year running it.

*runs to touch lots and lots of wood*

Ad

MK2 FRS
I agree....had the 172 for 2yrs and had many probs, had nothing really with my 1.2s, the 182had covered 15k without fault.

Meggy has just had its first batch and hopefully last of warranty work.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
both my old 182 and current 172 have been spot on. only car ive ever had break, and severely i might point out, was my old ctr...

Shhh
Can i have a copy plz...see if some of the things wrong are the same as my car..

So far i have had changed..

Alternator
Battery
RH Rear Shock
Heater Fan
Heater Temp Sensor
Speedo Clock thing
Rear Bumper Exhaust Trims
Exhaust Clamps
Passenger Door Panel
Fuel Tank Cover Under Rear Seat
Cable from Alternator to Battery repaired

Broken down 3 times

Had bonnet catch problems twice where needed to call AA out. Broken down once on the A1, broken down at mine with blue smoke coming out bonnet from alternator. Broken down at mums as of same blue smoke but told it was ok by AA. Later on the alternator was glowing.

Shhh
Car also been in for..

Rear wiper inop (pipe caught under spolier, then it was chipped but not noticed)
Cluck from suspension on full lock (shocks modified)
Clunk when accelerating hard (engine mounts out)
Rear bumper loose (damn bolts underneath had fell out)

& more..ill have a think...

Tho it needs to go back for new centre section as its rattling, also needs replacement exhaust trims as they are cracked again. The central clock display went mad once for a few months, but its come back to life with the warmer weather..

Shhh
Oh, i forgot the..

STOP, ( (!) ), and SERV light coming on and the flashing STOP, ( (!) ) Now and then..

Ive had them all...