ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lexus IS200 Detail

Honda & VW
A friend of mine popped round the other day while i was doing GTI6Steve's Clio, he loved the difference in shine to the paintwork etc and so had been begging me to have his Lexus for the day.

Last weekend he dropped it off for me early in the morning and to be honest it wasn't in as bad a state as he described, after the snow foam and good wash it was looking good already.

Anyway set about getting to work ....

Pressure washed
Snow foam applied and left to dwell while i agitated dirt around the badges etc
Pressure washed off
Visible Tar spots removed using AG Tar & Glue remover (Not the greatest stuff but aquired from this friend).
Washed using two bucket method with Megs Shampoo plus & sheepskin mitt
Rinsed down
Cleaned door shuts
Clayed using Elite mild Grade Clay bar and lubricated using DJ Born Slippy - rinsed down after each panel
Re-Washed
Rinsed using open hose to sheet
Dried using the i4detailing uber blue drying towel

Normally at this point i would make a start on the interior while the exterior fully dries but he said not to bother as his interior was pretty much in mint condition.

Interior Glass cleaned/Polished with AG Glass Cleaner (Love the smell of this stuff).

Dodo Jucie LP applied by Das-6 using Menzerna Finishing 135mm & spot pads.
Harly Wax applied
Exterior Glass cleaned using 3M Glass Cleaner
Plastics & Rubber treated with AG Vinyl & Rubber Care - running out of this so am looking to try something new
Exhaust clean/polished with Autosol after i removed all the crap on it with the use if some wire wool
Tyres treated with Chemical Guys Tyre Gel - have tried a couple of others but always come back to this stuff

When he came to pick it up he said immediately that "its a different colour" lol

(Just to point out to any hawks that notice, his wheels are being refurbed soon so didn't go mad on these);).

DSC02702.jpg

DSC02704.jpg

DSC02705.jpg

DSC02707.jpg

DSC02708.jpg

DSC02713.jpg

DSC02718.jpg

DSC02719.jpg

DSC02722.jpg

DSC02736.jpg

DSC02738.jpg

DSC02741.jpg

DSC02749.jpg

DSC02756.jpg

DSC02757-Copy.jpg

DSC02763.jpg

DSC02770.jpg

DSC02780.jpg

DSC02779.jpg

DSC02792.jpg

DSC02794.jpg

DSC02796.jpg

DSC02797.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

DSC02811.jpg

DSC02821.jpg

DSC02822.jpg

DSC02825.jpg

Honda & VW
^ no not really, few spots with some nasty scratches that required a bit of attention but not alot more than that. Amazed how well LP works on minor swirling.
The difference in the door handle amazed me after just one pass

Big fan of your work yellowbelly... another fine example :)

Quick question...When I'm claying I find my clay bar goes slightly crumbly after prolonged use (almost like it's hard to keep any warmth in it, if that makes sense?!). Is this just a trait of Meguiars smooth clay? Or am I doing something fundamentally wrong? (Sorry for the car cleaning newbie question!)

Mini Cooper S
When using clay, put it in some hot water for 5 mins before using it. Softens it up a treat.

Honda & VW
Big fan of your work yellowbelly... another fine example :)

Quick question...When I'm claying I find my clay bar goes slightly crumbly after prolonged use (almost like it's hard to keep any warmth in it, if that makes sense?!). Is this just a trait of Meguiars smooth clay? Or am I doing something fundamentally wrong? (Sorry for the car cleaning newbie question!)

Thanks for your kind words, much appreciated.

When using clay, put it in some hot water for 5 mins before using it. Softens it up a treat.

^ This, i keep a bucket of warm water to hand as i'm claying the car. I put the clay in there each time i've finished a panel and rinse it off, gives it time to warm up again.
Also handy having a the warm water near by to warm your hands up lol

Honda & VW
^ 'I want a Green Lexus' - He traded in his and his Mrs' car for it and got a good deal, low mileage in very good condition.

Personally i really like the colour, with the wheels slightly darker it would look better however