ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lexus is200 enhancement detail



On Friday I did an enhancement detail on a Lexus is200, this car is not really looked after and only get’s driven through the car wash when the owner can’t see through the windows anymore, but should be kept looking good now as I’m going to look after it once a month. The paint is only single stage and is very oxidized and swirled, the bird lime has left some heavy damage in some area’s which I wasn’t able to sort this time round but I will revisit again.

Products and equipment used

Dodo Lime prime
Uber microfiber towels
Uber drying towel
3m yellow pads 150mm 75 mm
Valet pro bilberry wheel cleaner
Valet pro tyre gel
Valet pro orange pre wash
Meg`s hyper dressing
Meg’s hyper wash
Meg’s last touch
German applicator
Menzerna 203s
Autosol metal polish
00 grade wire wool
Ultra fine blue clay bar
Various wheel brushes
Makita rotary polisher
Karcher pressure washer
Noodle wash mitt
Sheepskin wash mitt
Microfiber drying towel
Snow foam gun
3m masking tape
Finish kare 425
Red moose machine glaze
Jetseal 109
Megs 16 wax
Megs APC

The car before I start

001.jpg


002.jpg


003.jpg


004.jpg


005.jpg


006.jpg


007.jpg


009.jpg


010.jpg


011.jpg


012.jpg


013.jpg


014.jpg


015.jpg


016.jpg


017.jpg





I started by giving the car a spray down with the orange pre wash to try loosen some of the bird lime and other general muck, this was then blasted off with the pressure washer and then the car was given a thick coating of foam made up of a strong mix of Megs APC to try and break the muck down a bit, badges, grills and gaps cleaned with a small detailing brush.

020.jpg


021.jpg


022.jpg


023.jpg


024.jpg






Whilst this did its stuff I cleaned the wheels using the bilberry wheel cleaner and various wheel brushes and the noodle wash mitt, these alloys have really seen better days as the paint has peeled off and the alloys are very corroded in places. The owner is going to get the wheels powder coated at a new company that has just opened up in the town.

018.jpg


019.jpg



This was then blasted off with the pressure washer, and then the car was given another coat of APC foam and washed using Meg’s hyper wash and the 2 bucket method and a sheepskin wash mitt. The car was then rinsed off using a open ended hose and left wet before claying using Meg`s last touch and clean your car’s ultra fine blue clay bar then rewashed using the same method and dried using a spray of last touch and uber microfiber drying towel.

026.jpg


025.jpg


027.jpg



Various marks around the car noticed as I had worked my way round the car claying

028.jpg


029.jpg


030.jpg


031.jpg


032.jpg


033.jpg


034.jpg




Car was then taped up using 3m masking tape, a couple of quick 50/50 using the lime prime and 3m yellow polishing pads before getting on with the rest car

035.jpg


039.jpg


040.jpg



Then started to work my way round the rest of the car

041.jpg


042.jpg


043.jpg


044.jpg


045.jpg


046.jpg


047.jpg


048.jpg


049.jpg


050.jpg


052.jpg


053.jpg


054.jpg


055.jpg


056.jpg


057.jpg






After polishing my way round the car with the rotary the hard to reach areas under the spoiler and behind the handles were done using Menzerna 203s and the red side of a German applicator. Then given another coat of snow foam to clean off polish residue. The car was then given a coat of the Red moose machine glaze again using the rotary polisher and a small finishing pad, this was done a panel at a time and buffed using the uber microfiber towels.

058.jpg


059.jpg


060.jpg


061.jpg


062.jpg


063.jpg


064.jpg


072.jpg


073.jpg


Exhaust wash polished up using Autosol and 00 grade wire wool

008.jpg


074.jpg


075.jpg




The car was then given 2 coats of the Megs 16 wax as I know this will give a decent length of protection and again buffed using the uber microfiber towels; the car was given a final wipe down with the Finish kare 425.

078.jpg


079.jpg


081.jpg


083.jpg


084.jpg


085.jpg


086.jpg


087.jpg


088.jpg


089.jpg



Some reflection shots

082.jpg


076.jpg


080.jpg



The wheels were given 2 coats of Jetseal 109 and the arches where given a coat of Meg`s hyper dressing and the tyres giving a coat of Valet pro tyre dressing.

Leaving me with this.

095.jpg


096.jpg


097.jpg


098.jpg


099.jpg


100.jpg
 

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Good work mate but you really need to introduce Tardis into you regime.

Claying tarred paint espeically on black is a recipe for disaster. If my Clay ever looks that colour I know i've done something wrong.
 
Good work mate but you really need to introduce Tardis into you regime.

Claying tarred paint espeically on black is a recipe for disaster. If my Clay ever looks that colour I know i've done something wrong.

Used always now gally, was waiting for a delivery when i did this one. :eek:
 


Top