ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lexus style or other style lights to fit a new shape clio 2006

Hi, just got a new shape clio, black, window tints, rear spoiler, 17" alloys... looking to add some more extras, the rear lights are really red and dont really match the rest of the car, just wondering if theres any sites i could find some rear lights to fit, lexus style or silvery.. cheers.

ok then, any other replacements that would match my car? the red looks out of place. on an all black car with silver touches.

BG 182
Lol funny! I wouldn't do anything but standard mate.. See if you can get hold of some ph2 mark2 rear lights.. They look like an egg lol.. A white circle in the red light..

here are mine...

011-4.jpg

010-6.jpg

It really will look like a chav wagon. "ahh they will fit, just need some filler, will never knwo the difference ;)"

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Hi, just got a new shape clio, black, window tints, rear spoiler, 17" alloys... looking to add some more extras, the rear lights are really red and dont really match the rest of the car, just wondering if theres any sites i could find some rear lights to fit, lexus style or silvery.. cheers.

Have u noticed that they dont like lexus lights on thie forum yet mate?? i say stuff em all an put em on, at least urs will look different from every single one of theirs all with the same back lights ;)

I work in a car garage, so I'm in the car trade and I work with garages, body shops etc and I've never heard anything bad about lexus styled lights... Infact if a car has lexus lights it is a good selling point. I don't care if people on here think they're tacky, there not as tacky as some of the things ive seen on here (the painted break calipers, neon lights, racing lines, badges and stickers etc)

Last edited:
They are poorly made though however. OEM are much better in general to be honest with you pal. I used to like them when I was 17 but youl grow out of them.

How you can say they are a selling point?

People see lexus lights and assume its a young lad/boy racer etc..

98 Honda Civic EJ9
black smoked. lexus lights look like sh*te.

altho tbh i know many ppl hu get lexus ones to smoke them themselves. so that may be worth lookin at.

im still lookin for a set of standard ones to spray or jus keep standard as my drivers side 1 is broken an all cracked

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Iv got a set for sale if anyone wants em lol whilst were on this subject. £30 + postage. there in perfect nick apart from one small crack in the bottom of the drivers side one. All bulbs included.

Although if their a "selling point" i may consider keeping them an just putting em back on when i come to sell.

I think lexus lights look smart personaly. They make the car look alot more modern, especially on mk1's but im looking for some smoked ones to suit the colour of my car so iv stuck my standards back on for now.

I work in a car garage, so I'm in the car trade and I work with garages, body shops etc and I've never heard anything bad about lexus styled lights... Infact if a car has lexus lights it is a good selling point. I don't care if people on here think they're tacky, there not as tacky as some of the things ive seen on here (the painted break calipers, neon lights, racing lines, badges and stickers etc)
Pmsl - lexus lights are a selling point, best joke i've heard for a bit that !!

"ere we av the lexus lights, dey make da car look well phat innit"

Lexus lights are so good that lexus don't even put them on their cars anymore:lolup:

I admit to having painted brake calipers though, I also shoved some ap racing lettering on them for maximum effect lol.

What i mean is in the ad you'd note extras such as a rear spoiler, lexus styled lights, alloys, tints, so on so forth.

I'm not just talking about lexus ones, even the official crystal tail lights you can get from Renault for the old shape, looks alot smarter. Anything like that available yet?

T

thecremeegg

How anyone can say lexus lights make the car look better is beyond me. Why stick some tacky chrome lights on the back? they dont make it look anything other than chav

Have u noticed that they dont like lexus lights on thie forum yet mate?? i say stuff em all an put em on, at least urs will look different from every single one of theirs all with the same back lights ;)

aye but u will fit right in at the next macdonalds meet.

personally the only aftermarket lights i have every seen that i like are russ's, the rest look sh*t personally

Mk1 Maxim Sport

aye but u will fit right in at the next macdonalds meet.

personally the only aftermarket lights i have every seen that i like are russ's, the rest look sh*t personally

I dnt really see why all the oldies on here think its hilarious about "macdonalds meets" u cant say that u didnt go to meets like this wen u were 17/18 and if u didnt then u must not have had any mates. Cause thats what all young lads do when they pass.

And i dnt see why all of u r so against people being original with their cars. Lowering, colour code, alloys and slight tints and thats all u lot do. Everyone of ya. Why cant some of ya experiment and make ya car look a bit different to everyone elses. It seems to me as if u all do the same mods just to fit in with each other whereas u could just be original and a bit different.

Theres FA wrong with lexus lights i dnt know why ur all having a temper tantrum about them. They do improve the look of the rear end of the car and are a selling point. Maybe not to 30yr old folk like urself but they DEFINATELY are to new 17/18 year old drivers because it saves them £40 to buy them themselves.

And just another thing, Many mates that i have spoken to that i have tried to get to join the forum have all turned round and said "i would but its full of old folk who **** lexus lights off and tinted windows" So do urselves a favour and stop ripping into people who want to be different. U do tend to forget that we cant all afford 172 and 182's so therefore we younger drivers buy the best we can and attempt to make them the best we can. Whether u think it looks tacky or not does not matter becuase it matters what the driver thinks and thats it.

Topic Over!!

Thank You and Good Night xx ;)

Last edited:
^
I'm not going to patronise you, but in a year or so's time you'll suddenly think to yourself 'why on earth did I do that to my car ??'

We know as most of us have been there. In this occassion age & experience wins out.

Forgot to mention, there is a thread on here by 'Crazy Clio' who spent a bomb modding his clio, then he thought what a waste of time effort & money it was. It's a very good read.

I'm not against mods at all, but I hate chavvy & naff mods with a passion.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Yep i know what ur saying, an iv already taken my lexus lights off cause i got bored of em and fancied a change but still, u lot make it out to be something bad, as if ur ruining the car for putting different lights on it when in actual fact u aint.

U say that "We know as most of us have been there" in which case why do so many people keep slaggin the things off and takin the piss out of young lads who sit on "maccys car park". Theres no need for it to be honest. U mite hate "chavy & naff" mods but the majority of em are owned by young, new drivers who want to experiment and decide what looks good and what doesnt so its not really fair for u lot to make their mind up for them by slagging things off so much. U see what im saying??

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Heaven forbid anyone tries to personalise their car from the standard boring look your car looks like mine brigade. Is that all you have to worry about? It's all down to personal choice and taste, and it makes the gallery section more interesting to look at rather than lots of silver Clios with nothing done to them.
Well I'm 38 (didn't think I was over the hill until now) and have done some tasteful mods IMO to my 182 and I don't give a Monkey's what those self proclaimed style guru's think. I not keeping it the Classic Car Shows it to make it individual from the rest.

put simply My Car, My Taste, My Choice.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Heaven forbid anyone tries to personalise their car from the standard boring look your car looks like mine brigade. Is that all you have to worry about? It's all down to personal choice and taste, and it makes the gallery section more interesting to look at rather than lots of silver Clios with nothing done to them.
Well I'm 38 (didn't think I was over the hill until now) and have done some tasteful mods IMO to my 182 and I don't give a Monkey's what those self proclaimed style guru's think. I not keeping it the Classic Car Shows it to make it individual from the rest.

put simply My Car, My Taste, My Choice.

Here Here, first time iv ever heard anyone of ur age say that. The thing with the majority of the owners on here are they dont liike doing things others havent done. The whole fun of having a car is not only the speed but the experimental side of personalising it. I dont c whats wrong with making it different from the rest. But well said !!