ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lexus style or other style lights to fit a new shape clio 2006

Dodgy one
Horrific, Ive never had them and think they ruin cars, IMO on a Lexus ok anything else :nono:

Lexarse lights STFA

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
jesus!!! why would anyone put those on a car?? I f**king hate clear rear light clusters they look so chavish!!!

Chavish suppose that includes stickers too, that don't really belong on a road car IMO, oops did I just upset the 197 R27 brigade who didn't have the sense to ask for one with out the decals as you can ask for them not to be put on but then that would be showing some individualism which seems to be a big no no on this forum.

Would be nice for people just to say "sorry not for me" rather than go into a torrid of abuse at someone else who has the nevre to be different. Yes there are some who go over the top IMO but not gonna Sl@g them off for it. As it's their choice, and changing your rear lights doesn't write a car off as they can be easily changed back for the originals when it comes to selling it on.

jesus!!! why would anyone put those on a car?? I f**king hate clear rear light clusters they look so chavish!!!

Chavish suppose that includes stickers too, that don't really belong on a road car IMO, oops did I just upset the 197 R27 brigade who didn't have the sense to ask for one with out the decals as you can ask for them not to be put on but then that would be showing some individualism which seems to be a big no no on this forum.

Would be nice for people just to say "sorry not for me" rather than go into a torrid of abuse at someone else who has the nevre to be different. Yes there are some who go over the top IMO but not gonna Sl@g them off for it. As it's their choice, and changing your rear lights doesn't write a car off as they can be easily changed back for the originals when it comes to selling it on.

I agree to with you to some extent...

But you do realise that lexus style lights are poorly made ,fit badly & not as durable as the original clusters. They also have a tendancy to leak water inside.

Like you say though go for it if you want too, there is no need to be rude about it. (not you matey) Thats just what people are like though

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
A quick thought! If Renault had originally fitted the Clio with Lexus Style lights no one would batter an eyelid until, heaven forbid some Chav put Red Non Lexus lights on his car. Guess the style Guru's would then have their arms up in the air sl@gging off the now standard lights.

Why - cause they don't like change, they same way people on this very forum also sl@gged off the 197 saying it was too big and had lost the "hot hatch feel" and that Renault had lost the plot. Well that was down to someones individualism at Renault and people being open to other ideas rather than sl@gging off the individual.

Different is good not strange, but that's just my opinion.

A quick thought! If Renault had originally fitted the Clio with Lexus Style lights no one would batter an eyelid until, heaven forbid some Chav put Red Non Lexus lights on his car. Guess the style Guru's would then have their arms up in the air sl@gging off the now standard lights.

Why - cause they don't like change, they same way people on this very forum also sl@gged off the 197 saying it was too big and had lost the "hot hatch feel" and that Renault had lost the plot. Well that was down to someones individualism at Renault and people being open to other ideas rather than sl@gging off the individual.

Jesus your really worked up arnt you lol!!

This thread answers your first question though really, the majority of people dont like them thats why they werent fitted as standard.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Just a quick idea, any MODS fancy doing a poll on this?? i think it would give some interesting results.

Question : Lexus Lights or No Lexus Lights
Options :

Yes
No
I Dont Mind, its up to the driver
No theyr absolutely shocking

and any othher sections people can think of

Last edited:
  Mk1 Maxim Sport

This thread answers your first question though really, the majority of people dont like them thats why they werent fitted as standard.

Not true though mate is it as weve proved n this thread. Many people do like em and its just people like urself who make stupid remarks about them that stop people from buying them. May mate on saxperience was about to buy some lexus lights until he read a thread on that forum where they all slagged lexus lights off so he decided against it just to fit in. Thats the kind of thing u lot do to peopl on here.

As soon as someone joins up the first question should be "What mods u thinking of doing?" and heaven forbid if they do say something original just go with it an wait an c what it looks like but at the minute ur all like "O lower it, alloys, an thats it mate, ur car will look like every other car on here"

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

Poll Lexus lights vs standard hmmmmmmm I wonder LOL

I'm not sure in your reasoning behind my "stupid" comment. Its not stupid its the way it is.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T

This thread answers your first question though really, the majority of people dont like them thats why they werent fitted as standard.[/QUOTE]

Mmm possibly a bit hot under the collar lol.
Just seems that all some people want to do is have a go at someone for being individual when on here you'd expect people to give praise or just a simple "not my cup of tea" rather than going off on one about lexus lights, Oh and by the way the bling bling silver ones aren't my cup of tea. So endith my rant.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
:lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

Poll Lexus lights vs standard hmmmmmmm I wonder LOL

I'm not sure in your reasoning behind my "stupid" comment. Its not stupid its the way it is.

I didnt mean specifically that comment being the stupid one i just meant generally many of the comments are stupid and a sort of bullying people into modding their cars the same as all of u lot. And ye a poll cause by doing this wed be able to see peoples views on em. and see wether the majority of cliosport members really r pricks

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Couldn't lower mine if I wanted (which I don't) too many of those speed bumps that stick in the middle of the road the ones where you can go over without feeling bounced if you get your wheels either side of it. Plus just fitted 17"s to mine and when I've got a full car it tends to bottom out on the rear wheels (might have to check the rear suspension though).

As for lights got non standard lights and no NOT the bling silver Lexus ones

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Good effort for having an individual car on here. Watch out at the meets thought they mite decide to throw petrol bombs at it cause uv decided to be different!! How dare u go against their modding rules!!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Good effort for having an individual car on here. Watch out at the meets thought they mite decide to throw petrol bombs at it cause uv decided to be different!! How dare u go against their modding rules!!

Think I'll have to wear sunglasses around town incase someone points a loaded finger LOL.

I bet the lad who originally asked the question never got past page 1 at the abuse and ill feeling towards a different set of lights, well if he's still keeping an eye on his post.

Go with what you feel looks good to suit your taste you can always change them back at a later date.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
exactly, go with what u think looks best mate, if u want lexus lights put them on an make sure their on at meets so people can see ur being individual.

An ye steve watch out for them bullets and bottles lol.

ibiza cupra
nnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
don`t do it to your self, i have a brother who wanted a briefcase for his 10th birthday and even he takes the pi*s out of them. too many people have done it and realised the error of their ways,i am one of them. learn from our mistakes

:lolup:
LOL I like that

What a gay thread though. (I can really feel the man love)

Steve & Chris get a room! :rasp:

Sorry guys, BUT whatever you say, Lexus style lights on non IS200/300's look absolutley gash IMO!! Only my oppinion but thats that!! Yes, I do think they look chavish and usually the cars you find them on also have crap alloys, dustbin lid exhausts and max power stickers!!! LoL!

Sorry if that offends anyone on here but we're all entitled to oppinions!!

Also, id like to add, I think individuality is great!! Spot on! Aslong as it looks good!

Mito Sportiva 135
Some rather confused opinions on here. I would say no not because it lacks originality but because they look stupid on a Clio although they can fit in better depending on what other mods you have got.

I like the standard/ subtle look though so not really much of a surprise I don't like them I guess!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
:lolup:
LOL I like that

What a gay thread though. (I can really feel the man love)

Steve & Chris get a room! :rasp:

Oooh love to sweetie but lives to far LOL (No I'm not gay just in case you had other ideas)

"Not My Cup of Tea"

I swear everyone here loves standard, black smoked look fresh on a black car. Nice to see people like stepping out of the box.......

Mk1 Maxim Sport
^^ Ull get used to it on here. the majority like the standard like u say but there are a few "rebels" who like to be differnet and individual (which is frowned upon) lol

Just a quick idea, any MODS fancy doing a poll on this?? i think it would give some interesting results.

Question : Lexus Lights or No Lexus Lights
Options :

Yes
No
I Dont Mind, its up to the driver
No theyr absolutely shocking

and any othher sections people can think of
I think that there was done a while back on here, I think you can guess the result. If you want another poll added, ask the question about the lights then ask a mod to add the poll :)

At the end of the day though, most younger folk see them as being a cool mod & individual - I don't see how that is if every other kid has them on their car.

The majority yonger folks cars seem to have the same mods on them too, lexus lights, massive crap sounding exhaust, naff tints & silly coloured head lights, you get the idea !
At the end of the day, none of of those mods are well respected or original as every younger person seems to have them.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
PMSL at this thread. Subtle is the way forward and always has been. A nice clean car lowered on some not over sized alloys gets my vote everytime. Never really touched my first car (nova) then got another (back in 1999) Was black and compleatly standard whan i purchased it. Ah Nova you say...... how chav. LOL. Over time i lowered it, gsi alloys, then added with a Vaxhall gsi kit (colour coded) and it was done. No w**k lights, no glass fibre kits, just nice and clean. Imo you work with what the car has. Less is usually more ;)

aye but u will fit right in at the next macdonalds meet.

personally the only aftermarket lights i have every seen that i like are russ's, the rest look sh*t personally

I dnt really see why all the oldies on here think its hilarious about "macdonalds meets" u cant say that u didnt go to meets like this wen u were 17/18 and if u didnt then u must not have had any mates. Cause thats what all young lads do when they pass.

;)
im 18 ya div

and tbh the stuff about everyones cars bein the same is karp, fair enough we have the turini brigade and all the euro lot but there are also some cars that have the 17s and are typical of a young guy that are liked on here.

and about if lexus lights came standard, they would be the first thing to go

Last edited:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
ill chuck another thing in the pot for you to argue about LED lights? whats peoples opinions on them lol

Titanium 182
aye but u will fit right in at the next macdonalds meet.

personally the only aftermarket lights i have every seen that i like are russ's, the rest look sh*t personally

I dnt really see why all the oldies on here think its hilarious about "macdonalds meets" u cant say that u didnt go to meets like this wen u were 17/18 and if u didnt then u must not have had any mates. Cause thats what all young lads do when they pass.

And i dnt see why all of u r so against people being original with their cars. Lowering, colour code, alloys and slight tints and thats all u lot do. Everyone of ya. Why cant some of ya experiment and make ya car look a bit different to everyone elses. It seems to me as if u all do the same mods just to fit in with each other whereas u could just be original and a bit different.

Theres FA wrong with lexus lights i dnt know why ur all having a temper tantrum about them. They do improve the look of the rear end of the car and are a selling point. Maybe not to 30yr old folk like urself but they DEFINATELY are to new 17/18 year old drivers because it saves them £40 to buy them themselves.

And just another thing, Many mates that i have spoken to that i have tried to get to join the forum have all turned round and said "i would but its full of old folk who **** lexus lights off and tinted windows" So do urselves a favour and stop ripping into people who want to be different. U do tend to forget that we cant all afford 172 and 182's so therefore we younger drivers buy the best we can and attempt to make them the best we can. Whether u think it looks tacky or not does not matter becuase it matters what the driver thinks and thats it.

Topic Over!!

Thank You and Good Night xx ;)

Im 18 years old and there discusting,

And yes i do have mates but we never go have "Cruzez" in Mcdonalds car parks :S

Are you from Blackpool ? :rasp:

Topic not over.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
^^ Na mate from southport, across the water from blackpool. Why oh Why did u have to bring this thread back up!?!?!?! my blood pressure has just gone back down to normal after the rant i had last time!!

I dunno wat its like ur way mate but a i used to go to a meet in southport all the time which had 200+ cars most months and that just happened to have a macdonalds on the same car park. Many people tend to just sit off at macdonalds and this is what they all imply as a "cruise"