ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LG Arena - Orange Upgrade

Had Orange on the phone saying its upgrade time.. Currently paying £45 a month for unlimited calls/txt/internet on my jailbroken iPhone.

Just last month they phoned me and said I didnt need to be paying much as I dont need unlimited calls, so took it down to £20 a month.

The offer the gave me was £9 a month for 18 months, with unlimited txts/internet and 400 mins. Plenty for me. And a new LG Arena?

Anyone used one?

Getting one sent out to see what its like, if I dont like it, I can keep it and sell it meaning im signing up for the 18months, or send it back and chose another or cancel.

Quite happy with my iPhone tbh, I know the new one is coming out, but £9 a month is hard to refuse!

£9 a month is a cracking deal. You sure they didn't mean £9 less than £45? lol..

I get about that now and I pay £25 for it!!

No definately not, it had been reduced to £20 last month, and she said she would half it for me. Well its actually £9.99 a month ;)

Or should I just say no, and wait for the new iPhone?

Looking at the phone, it looks like its aimed right at the iPhone, only with a better camera, video, still has wifi etc.. Obviously wont sync with iTunes which is a pain.

Built in FM transmitter is quite cool!

I have one. its ok but the iPhone is way better. You'd be dissapointed with the phone tbh but its a good deal!!

Whats the bad points with it?

Go for the deal and if need be sell the handset and get another phone?

Sy

Aye, was thinking I could take it and sell it, and would probably sell for enough to pay the £9 for 18 months!

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
You're in the same situation as me! I got offered a similar deal, but I'm still waiting for the iphone :eek:

Not a lot of phones out there at the moment that can rival it, thats the problem!

Yeah thats my thinking.

The iPhone I have is the first one, and although its flawed, its still a great phone! I can't seem to get MMS working on it which is really my only negative for it, and the 8GB is a bit small. I reckon I could probably live with it for another 18 months knowing im only paying £9?

£9 is nothing! A lot better then the £45 I was paying anyways. That was we first offer aswell, no haggling required!

They must be losing a lot of customers to the iPhone