ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LG Viewty few questions

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
I'm after a phone as i dropped my SONY K800i down the toilet:rolleyes: , I use the camera alot on a phone so need a good camera on it, my mate has the N95 Nokia and its falling apart with him, I heard the K850i is not very good also, the wife has the G600 Samsung and thats poo, has anybody got a VIEWTY and whats it like as a camera and how do you find the phone in general and can you get Sat nav on it like the N95.
Cheers
Gary

57 Clio Campus Sport
I have seen a few mates Viewtys and to be honest the camera is not up to scratch. Best camera phones at the moment are:

Nokia N82 (got one myself they are nice)
SE K850i
Samsung G800 (not sure what letter but it is definately a 800)

I was thinking of getting viewty myself but most places rates it 4th among the camera phones with those 3 ahead of it

GW Clio 200
stay away from the viewty. even if its just for the fact the zoom/volume is on the back of the phone round the lens - AWFUL/AWKWARD. i had one for a few weeks and was actually quite glad when i lost it! you cant beat an n95 camera still for me

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I have had my Viewty for a couple of months and its not that tbh, but yes the camera isn't very good imho. When you press to take a picture it always seems blurey on screen no matter what you do. For me I use the 120fps mode to mess about with.
The phone it self is fine for me and I do like the Touchscreen, but if you are wanting a fone for the camera?. Then I would look else where.

172beast

I've had my Viewty for about 3 month now and the camera is very very good in good light, in low light its not as good as a K800i but if you alter the settings and use all the functions like adjustable iso, manual focus and what not then you can get amazing results in all lighting conditions. Its not a camera phone for the amatuer is what I'd say, its for folk who know a bit about cameras.

Heres some shots I took:
P291207_1332.jpg

P091107_1105.jpg

P091107_110501.jpg

P081107_1450.jpg

As you can see, its certainly not a poor camera phone at all, just need to know how to use it. The video quality is amazing tho in all conditions, really fantastic.

If your interested also, the Viewty is being hacked by folk and theres additional functions been found not implemented on the phone, such as face recognition and higher quality settings, these I believe are whats being sold on a new Viewty due for sale later this year but are actually in the original Viewty just not added to the normal menus.