ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new upgrade phone??

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
basically im due an upgrade now and i have no idea what phone to get!!
i had a blackberry 8900 curve and it was ok but then i got a iphone 3g as everyone kept going on about how great they are but IMO THEY ARE f**king s**t!
the battery doesnt even last 8 hours (at the most) and it takes nearly 30 seconds to go on an app like my messages or sat nav etc...
so i want rid of the ibrick but i need a phone where it has a good battery life (atleast 10 hours) can access all my email accounts simply and has sat nav and not take so long to load,
ive heard the blackberry 9700 is good as is the nokia n900
opinions please? :D

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sure do, check the phone section on this site.

am loving the n900, i also have an iphone and n900 wins big time...

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
whats the battery life like??
i use it alot during the day for calls/emails and bluetooth..

not perfect i can just get a day out of it with a fair bit of internet use.

i make maybe one or two calls a day, but i do use the web alot

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ahh so the it wont be great for me then??
are there any other phones out there like these?

are you expecting to much?

batteries dont last for ever. people want/expect a small phone yet moan about the battery not lasting.

they have to make phones small so cant fit decent sized batteries that last

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
but im not after a phone that cooks me dinner and tosses me off lol
is the 900 better than the iphone as a all rounder? (battery life included) can you have different email accounts set up at the same time like the iphone?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
the n900 is 10x better than the iphone. dont have a brand new iphone so can comment on the iphones battery.

yes you can(email)

32gb hard drive
memory card slot for 16gb card
built in fm transmitter to play music through car radio
5mp camere with flash
full internet with full flash support - which is awesome
mega multi task, so 30 things/apps all open and running at once without crashing
touch screen with full useable keyboard
fast in general

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I went from iPhone 3G recently to BB bold 9700. Havent look back I love this phone!

Had a play with andy's phone, not bad, still a bit of a brick sorry!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
does the blackberry do multi tasking?

never really used a BB only at work as everyone uses them for e-mailing etc...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yeah it does, my bold seems to be a lot better than my mates 8900 at it too! (doesnt go all slow etc).

I often have Blackberry messenger, internet etc. open all at once flicking between them all.

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
I've just moved to an iPhone 3GS and I can't believe how amazin it is. It does everything and it's so fast :)

Nippy white cup
I love my iphone...only a 3g but I can't see how the novelty can wear off...new apps coming out all the time and I have no problem with battery life...fair enough if you have stuff running all the time then you have to expect it to sap the battery but I just plug mine in next to my bed and it is charged the next day...hardly a pain imo.

Chris

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Might be useful to post with which provider your with and what phones you can get/how much you're willing to spend

I wouldnt touch a iPhone or a Nokia tbh, the Nokia UI is rubbish, especially for a touch screen

I have G1, Android is amazing. Especially for email and web use. Much better at controlling your battery usage (Ie you can decide how often it checks for new emails so you're not connected to 3g/data all the time which kills your battery)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Might be useful to post with which provider your with and what phones you can get/how much you're willing to spend

I wouldnt touch a iPhone or a Nokia tbh, the Nokia UI is rubbish, especially for a touch screen

I have G1, Android is amazing. Especially for email and web use. Much better at controlling your battery usage (Ie you can decide how often it checks for new emails so you're not connected to 3g/data all the time which kills your battery)

have you used an n900?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh that's not nice, the n900 pwns with flash but it's too techy.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Nah but the UI is generally the same throughout all Nokia's

Edit: Just looked at pictures and I was thinking of the wrong phone, look at youtube reviews of it

um commenting on a phone you havent used..... dont think i need to say anymore really

im going to go all out now and say anyone who thinks the n900 isnt gud knows nothing about phones and shouldnt offer phone advice.

it may not be the best phone on the market or the best phone ever made but its a bloody awesome phone.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
um commenting on a phone you havent used..... dont think i need to say anymore really

im going to go all out now and say anyone who thinks the n900 isnt gud knows nothing about phones and shouldnt offer phone advice.

it may not be the best phone on the market or the best phone ever made but its a bloody awesome phone.
I think I can comment having looked at it, thats why I suggested whoeer is thinking about getting one should look at reviews on youtube and go into the shop and try one. Doing this will be A LOT more helpful than asking on a forum where peoples opinions where they are clouded by fanboys and what not

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I think I can comment having looked at it, thats why I suggested whoeer is thinking about getting one should look at reviews on youtube and go into the shop and try one. Doing this will be A LOT more helpful than asking on a forum where peoples opinions where they are clouded by fanboys and what not

so does owning an iphone and n900 make me a "fanboy" or someoone who can put the two side by side and actually compare?

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
well i went to phones 4 u earlier to get my upgrade (they're fecking useless) and they dont do the n900 so i was going to get the 9700 bold but they didnt have any in stock and all the other phones were crap so i opted for a iphone 3gs 16gb. lol
i am just selling it now and with the monies i recieve i shall decide what phone to buy (probably one of the 2 above) any one want a 3gs 16gb???

BMW 330ci Clubsport
so does owning an iphone and n900 make me a "fanboy" or someoone who can put the two side by side and actually compare?
Right what makes you think I was reffering to you? Now stop trying to be a smart arse and pay attention. I was using the term generally as there are a lot of iPhone fans on the forum, as well as some Android fans (Like I shall admit I am)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Right what makes you think I was reffering to you? Now stop trying to be a smart arse and pay attention. I was using the term generally as there are a lot of iPhone fans on the forum, as well as some Android fans (Like I shall admit I am)

yes stating facts makes me a c**k t**t.

your post game me he impression u were refering to me thats all, but not to worry