ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lifting lacquer - help please

Ive had a 2 inch square layer of lacquer lift from the front wing of my 2000 172.

I took it to my friendly Renault Garage (Hardings in Bovingdon) to suggest that they might fix it under warranty. They were unprepared to do so because they say the wing has been repainted at some point. Im the cars third owner, so its perfectly possible that it has. Trouble is that I dont know and I have a very untrusting nature where garages are concerned.

Anyone experienced similar problems and similar brush offs? Any advice as to how I can tell if it has been repainted and how it can most economically be satisfactorily repaired if (as seems likely) Im paying?

cannt see that out of the factory paintwork woudl do such a thing on a newish car to be honest, likelyhood is its been repainted

I have a paint defect on each front wing of my 2001 facelift model Clio. I took it along to Renault who said they wouldnt do anything because both wings had been resprayed at some point (not to my knowledge). Although the car was a demonstrater before I bought it, so who knows. Not sure if I got fobbed off to be honest :cry: but the defects are tiny, so Im not too fussed about it now.