ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Light on dash and coil failure

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question...

I have had the engine warning light come on on my ph2 172 (the one on the right of the dials). I plugged in the OBD and it said something about emissions purge control valve circuit malfunction. No garage could make head or tail of this and I didnt really wanna take it to renault for them to plug it in, turn it off then charge me £300. lol. So I got it serviced and everything was fine.

HOWEVER, i was driving from goodwood the other day and it came on again. it doesnt seem to affect the performance or anything. And i did the little self diagnosis (where you push and hold the trip button whilst turning on the ignition) and i got a coil indicator (at least i think it is). It showed ' t---'; but it doesnt seem to be missfiring.

I do have spare coils but when I came to chane them... it was unexpectedly difficult cos it looks like the manifold etch needs to come off - is this right or is there a simpler way to change them??

Cheers.

(sorry fro the essay)