ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Light wheels

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Right guys, im currently rolling on a set of 15" o.z f1's, just the renault versions that came with the car, and I want a change probably in the new year

I want some 2118's but as they're generally meant for rallying etc im guessing they will be quite heavy?

Anybody know the weights of them and some other wheels that are quite light, I've had pro race 1.2's and they seemed to improve performance so if anybody has some good suggestions....apart from turini's, please post :D

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
That's quite light for a wheel, cheers

I'm quite shocked at the one reply on this thread, I thought this would be a common subject with all the performance know-it-alls I come accross in so many other threads

superleggeras too, although they are no longer in production (ultraleggera replaced them). Superleggeras are under 5kg in 15"

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Cheers mate, you got any idea the weights of a standard o.z f1 and a 2118, a dnt want to sacrifice performance and handling just for looks

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I have some Pro Race 3's in 15" and according to Demon Tweeks, they are 6.6kg.

Avoid Momo Arrows, they are stupidly heavy.

If you want a change, can you not just get the F1's powder coated in a different colour?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

If you want a change, can you not just get the F1's powder coated in a different colour?

I've already had some in silver and they're currently anthracite, I just fancy a change, I like the look of the pro race 3s, do u haveany pics?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

I've already had some in silver and they're currently anthracite, I just fancy a change, I like the look of the pro race 3s, do u haveany pics?

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F

I'm not actually selling mine (not sure if you thought I was), I was just putting them forward as a suggestion. I like them in Black but mine are still pretty much unmarked so it would seem a shame to get them painted at the min.

P270809_1926.gif

There's some pics of my car in the below link (it looks like a Tractor/Monster Truck but isn't lowered), but there is a Monaco Blue one with Speedlines (look similar) that will give you a better idea (belongs to the user in the second link)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=449162&highlight=temporary+wheels

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?u=26327

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
was just after some pics on ya car mate ;-)

They look decent, would look better on its arse though :D

How much did you pay for wheels and tyres all in?

Italian 3.2 V6
My 15" magnesium CupRacer OZ F1 wheels weigh 4.5kg a piece..

Normal Oz F1's weigh around 5.5-6kg a piece

2118's weigh around 8kg a piece

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
nice one, cheers mate :)

you notice any difference in performance between the magnesium ones?

I did seem to notice a difference from 16" turini's to my 15" o.z f1's

Obviously the rolling radius is different but the difference was quite noticable

Italian 3.2 V6
Yea I did, alot better ride (bigger profile tyres absorb the road better) turn in was greatly improved also accel felt slightly quicker! Brakes in theory should also be alot better!

Another plus is tyres are alot cheaper to buy aswell!! ;)

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
was just after some pics on ya car mate ;-)

They look decent, would look better on its arse though :D

How much did you pay for wheels and tyres all in?

I know the car would be better lowered, but it's only getting cosmetic mods (for now).

I bought the wheels for £250 second hand (well, they were only 3month old at the time). They came with 195/45/15 Nangkangs, but I didn't like them so took them off and sold them then bought some Toyo's. They were about £35 each Toyo I think then £20 for all fitted and balanced.