ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lighter clutch

fiesta 1.25
I drove my car today after not using it for a while and the clutch is really stiff,my legs are aching from the drive now lol

Ive heard that changing the cable might solve it,is this true as mineis no stiffer than any other clio.

R35 GTR
If you want to lighten the clutch feel you would need to fit a longer clutch release arm thingy.

R35 GTR
Cable wont make much difference, might be a little lighter if the cable was dry and not greased up.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
just had the same experience myself after driving a 1.6 Focus hire car in Spain for a week. Got back in the 182 and couldn't believe how heavy the clutch is.

Having said that try driving an ST170...the clutches on them make the 182's feel light.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
The clutch from my 8v was just as heavy as my current one. Just all clios methinks.

?
My 1.2 8v had a VERY heavy clutch
My 1.6 Rsi has a lighter clutch, but still heavy compared to most other cars

M2 Competition
just had the same experience myself after driving a 1.6 Focus hire car in Spain for a week. Got back in the 182 and couldn't believe how heavy the clutch is.

Having said that try driving an ST170...the clutches on them make the 182's feel light.

ST170 i drove yesterday had a lighter clutch than a 172.

Im convinced your st was buggered, lol.

182 Cup
I'm sure someone posted ages ago about a weight being on a replacement cable they bought for their 182 or 172, but there wasn't one on their original? Don't think the guy ever got an answer!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i changed the cable in my old 1.2 16v and it made a big difference, the cable i got (genuine renault) was different design from the 1 that was on it (original genuine one), seemed to have a big weight on the end of it, dont know if it was to help with the weight but it made a difference, old one was getting a bit creaky though!

clio sport 172
The clutch on my 32 ton Foden 450cat tipper with a 16 speed box
is way lighter than my ph1 172, Life I guess although changing the
cable makes a bit of difference.

clio 172 cup
Hi there my clio cups clutch cable is real heavy, i have owned a fair few quick renaults, megane coupe x2, 19 16v x3 and clio 16v x1. all have been heavy on the clutch, someone told me that cus renault are french and drive on the other side the clutch cable on our cars has to travel further thus making them heavyier. on my cup above the throttle cable the clutch cable terminates with a spring i spray some 3in1 oil on it every other week seems a bit easier.