ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightest Clio? Mine is...

TrackCar & F30 330d
After quite a bit of strippage i have got my 182 FF to 981kg. It wont be the lightest as i still have electric windows & Mirrors and AC.

Whats the lightest 172, 182 and Valver/Hybrid?

Heres 2 picture of mine on the corner weight scales before i fiddled with the coilovers.

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

:)

BMW M5 & E36
Mine and f0xy's mk1 hybrids are low 800's, that's with 40kg ish of roll cage in each so 700's are easy enough to reach.

WeighedIn.jpg

This was my Mk1 Clio 16v with me in the car (80kg) and a full tank of fuel (40kg?)

Dash out
Carpet out
All sound deadening removed
Front and rear door cards removed
All seats out replaced with one 8kg bucket seat a harness.
Rear wiper and other little bits removed as well some excess uneeded loom.

Would like to get my Cup down to around 950kg leaving the dash and front two door cards in and cage...

182 Cup
Mine's quite light at the moment. Mind you, it is missing two wheels, a subframe, brake disk, caliper, roll bar, etc...

172 Race Car
879kgs with 5kgs of fuel (Phase 1 172)

Still has; electric windows, 2 seats, radio & speakers, standard panels

as said im nearly at 800 with the superleggeras fitted, with around 40kgs of cage in that....all standard panels, just with skins removed (bonnet, doors and boot), all windows polycarbonate etc.

Beaniemoo's Mk1 is slightly lighter iirc, but thats with fiberglass doors/boot/bonnet and carbon fibre roof.......but I dont see any justification in the cost for those parts for the amount of weight saved, im happy with mine now.

as said im nearly at 800 with the superleggeras fitted, with around 40kgs of cage in that....all standard panels, just with skins removed (bonnet, doors and boot), all windows polycarbonate etc.

Beaniemoo's Mk1 is slightly lighter iirc, but thats with fiberglass doors/boot/bonnet and carbon fibre roof.......but I dont see any justification in the cost for those parts for the amount of weight saved, im happy with mine now.

Whats your Bhp per tonne now then? Must be around 230 per tonne...

Whats your Bhp per tonne now then? Must be around 230 per tonne...

Well its just a stock 172 engine at the moment with no pas/aircon etc. Did have Schrick cams in it but they were not mapped properly so its back on standards for now.

If it does come in at 800kgs, its around 215bhp/tonne.

It needs the cams back in (and hopefully hit 190bhp) to get to past 230bhp/tonne. It would be just over 240bhp/tonne if it gets to 190bhp on the engine (previous owner of the cams hit this). They will be fitted over this winter along with a rebuild hopefully.

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Just about 1010kg with no fuel and only partly stripped, front is all in.

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
172Ph1 At the moment 960kg's with quarter of a tank and no one in it. Weighed on a public weigh bridge so how accurate I am not sure.

Cars rear is striped out, no rear seats or seat belts, no rear panels, no rear wiper, no spare.

In the Front I have Sparco Sprint V Seats, Alloy Mounts, Sebelt Harnesses, No Drivers Air Bag, Acrylic Door Cards, No Speakers through out.

Fog lights gone, Alloy Bonnet, think that's it for now. More Stripping over the winter, want to get her down to 900kg's.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
172Ph1 At the moment 960kg's with quarter of a tank and no one in it. Weighed on a public weigh bridge so how accurate I am not sure.

Cars rear is striped out, no rear seats or seat belts, no rear panels, no rear wiper, no spare.

In the Front I have Sparco Sprint V Seats, Alloy Mounts, Sebelt Harnesses, No Drivers Air Bag, Acrylic Door Cards, No Speakers through out.

Fog lights gone, Alloy Bonnet, think that's it for now. More Stripping over the winter, want to get her down to 900kg's.

Just about what I have but my seats are heavier and I have my super heavy plastic front door cards still on lol :)

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
As foxy says mine weighed in pretty light at 794kg's with full cage, seat bars in the floor, heater and a propper petrol tank. I now have plans to drop the weight a little more but I don't plan to loose sight of the fact the car is a road car and so needs to be usable (fuel tank range and heater for demisting). However now the car is about as light as it's getting i've gone down the other route and have a 240bhp+ F4r in the post now :)

DMS

A thirsty 172
Mine's probably quite light at the minute. It's at K-Tec with the engine apart and various bits missing :D

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
As foxy says mine weighed in pretty light at 794kg's with full cage, seat bars in the floor, heater and a propper petrol tank. I now have plans to drop the weight a little more but I don't plan to loose sight of the fact the car is a road car and so needs to be usable (fuel tank range and heater for demisting). However now the car is about as light as it's getting i've gone down the other route and have a 240bhp+ F4r in the post now :)

That's going to be a weapon then.

Fiesta RS Turbo & Pug 206
im coming in at 1040kg , will getting different wheels and seats make a big difference ?