ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lights kept failing my MOT test

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Well...this was a complete faf!!
My light alignment failed the other week on my MOT test, his note on the fail sheet said "O/S light aim too far left" which infact it was aim too far right!
Turns out the LHD/RHD drive bit on the dip light was on the LHD setting...no idea how as it was fine last year. However, it was still failing! And I was pushing my luck with the 10 working day partial re-test as yesterday was that day and it still wasn't passing! Everyone in the garage thought it was broken as the kick of the aim was going totally the wrong way which doesn't seem possible. So it was 6pm and the garage was about to shut....then of of the guys in there said "I know a Clio which we can borrow the light unit from". So yes, that is what we did!! Literally drove up the road and borrowed this light. With a quick twin-single head lamp conversion it eventually passed. Had my bumper off the car too many times yesterday to remove the light. NEVER doing that again. So I need to invest in some new light for the car. Great

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Both mine failed, ordered 2 new units from renparts and now I've missed the 10 day time limit, gutted! :(.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Both mine failed, ordered 2 new units from renparts and now I've missed the 10 day time limit, gutted! :(.
I was determined to meet the 10 day deadline!! As I got mine tested at my parents so when it went wrong I could use the garage and tools there to fix it (as I don't live anywhere near my parents!) And seeing that it JUST passed on emissions and other modifications could be flagged up at another garage I didn't want to risk it. Was in the dog house with the missus as she spent three hours sat in the reception of the garage waiting for me. Some serious grovelling to do!!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I was determined to meet the 10 day deadline!! As I got mine tested at my parents so when it went wrong I could use the garage and tools there to fix it (as I don't live anywhere near my parents!) And seeing that it JUST passed on emissions and other modifications could be flagged up at another garage I didn't want to risk it. Was in the dog house with the missus as she spent three hours sat in the reception of the garage waiting for me. Some serious grovelling to do!!

Lol! Fair enough, pain in the ass but s**t happens I guess, she'll come round eventually, they always do ;).

They will probably turn up damaged anyway.

Oh good! Bad experience? Had the items come in the 5 days they stated it would have had its retest by now but it took 7 days and now I'm back on 12 hour shifts, I just don't have the time. They are at my parents so haven't checked them yet, I'll be fuming if they are damaged.

Most people refuse to post them as they usually get damaged in transit fingers crossed for you.
I also have serious bad feelings towards renparts after they lied through their teeth regarding a used engine last year, delivers late and was seriously down on compression despite promises it was fully checked.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ohh I can only hope then :(. I used them as my last experience with them was good, ordered a window and trim, came fast and really well packed to avoid damage.