ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lights

Mondeo ST220
oh yeah i know and as i said i'm not a fan. he's only put on some lights though lol. but the way people talk is as though its wrong if your not putting on turinis etc... i just feel its an opinion if you like them or not, people seem to preach as though there is only one rite way to modify your car

200 Ultra Red
If everyone liked the same things, the world would be a boring place. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and should respect the opinions of others, even if they might not agree with it.

As long as your happy with your car mate, yours is the only opinion that matters.

Clio 1.2/ Impreza Type R
Just making a quick analysis of this thread... Everyone who doesnt like them drives 1*2's and everyone who does like them drive 1.2-1.4's! maby there is an age factor in this?

I have noticed this 1.2 / 1.4 thing but im 19 drive a 182 so not all young ppl are of this opinion

VX220 lightning
Just making a quick analysis of this thread... Everyone who doesnt like them drives 1*2's and everyone who does like them drive 1.2-1.4's! maby there is an age factor in this?

I have noticed this 1.2 / 1.4 thing but im 19 drive a 182 so not all young ppl are of this opinion

Sorry I agree.. I wasnt being stereotypical or agest (if thats a word)... But I do feel that there is a trend between engine size and wanting to do certain modifications.... I wanted (and did) to do stuff like that to my 1.2 fiesta:approve:

Clio 1.2/ Impreza Type R

Sorry I agree.. I wasnt being stereotypical or agest (if thats a word)... But I do feel that there is a trend between engine size and wanting to do certain modifications.... I wanted (and did) to do stuff like that to my 1.2 fiesta:approve:

Oh yer there is no doubt there is a trend wit engine size but young ppl tend to drive smaller engines i guess im just lucky :D and was never chavy

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
im my area it appears that the guys who do this kind of stuff (ody kits, 12 bore exhausts 20 inch alloys)are trying to make up for their car haveing a smaller willie than other cars with bigger engines, but they tend to grow out of it once they are older and thisr balls drop so to speak, so they can afford a 2.0L.

personally i done like these lights, some of the "lexus" look ok on certain cars not all, hell on one car i like them but on another i doen, its the total package that i look at, like eg, i like the way the black lexus look on the ph2's with the black head lights, the matching asthetically where as on the newer ones with grey the look gash the same with putting these they only look ok on black cars the red look better but thats me, on any other colour of car they'd look abit alien as they so not fit withany other mod.
but they go with your car as the chrom trim match the silver strips. but i'm not a fan of the cup stripes either generially, but i like them of they are "viper/shelby" style stripeage.

its all about PERSONAL taste, like your partner, you might and some people might think she is smoking but others might think she is a munter. but if you like them thats all that really matters.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

It's the car version of small man syndrome (kind of). Not that I've done anything outrageous to my car :rasp:

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
The stripes and the lights have ruined a nice looking car. That car screams 'Look at me, I am a chav!'

Sorry if thats harsh but I am probably speaking for a lot of people when I say that!

al

ST on the way...
oh yeah i know and as i said i'm not a fan. he's only put on some lights though lol. but the way people talk is as though its wrong if your not putting on turinis etc... i just feel its an opinion if you like them or not, people seem to preach as though there is only one rite way to modify your car

Agreed.

www.renparts.co.uk

Agreed.

what you talking about? your always bitching about lexus lights and that sort of thing just like me....... end of the day its an 05 plate 182... not a h reg nova... leave the lights the hell alone.

al

ST on the way...

what you talking about? your always b**ching about lexus lights and that sort of thing just like me....... end of the day its an 05 plate 182... not a h reg nova... leave the lights the hell alone.

Yes, I have a hatred for lexus lights and would never ever put them on my OWN car but if he wants to do that, it's his car.

Least they're led's and not full PUX lexus ;)

www.renparts.co.uk
what you talking about? your always b**ching about lexus lights and that sort of thing just like me....... end of the day its an 05 plate 182... not a h reg nova... leave the lights the hell alone.

Yes, I have a hatred for lexus lights and would never ever put them on my OWN car but if he wants to do that, it's his car.

Least they're led's and not full PUX lexus ;)

pux was only worth 50 quid anyhow....

White R26/Stripped Valver
I think they dont look too bad, they go well with the colour.

I thought he asked for 'opinions', as i 'i like them' or 'sorry mate not my kinda thing' not to call him a chav.

i dont think lexus lights are chav,you just call them chav because a lot of people have them. i have lexus lights and i couldnt be any less of a chav also a few of my friend have them and guess what their not chavs.

It does get annoying that every thread about modding a 172/182 if full of 'get turinis, silver visions and a cup spoiler' if everyone bought them wouldnt that just make them chavy too. (Probably gonna get slated for saying that. but what the hell, i dont care!)

172 cup

Exactly it seems the youngest of drivers (in general!!!, not always) dont develop taste and realise what looks good and what doesnt while in the 1.2 16v stage imo.

lexus lights and led clusters look shite end of, nothing to do with it being a biased forum jus most people on here have RenaultSport's therefore most are past this stage except for the few that are getting slated for haiving such mods. i.e. the guy who started this thread.

no offence but i think it doesn't look good at all

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My opinion is that they look horrid.

But, if you were to compliment them with these...

mid_sparco_harness_pads.jpg

...and this...

AILX5350XLB.jpg

...it would complete it and look much better.

J03

MX5 1.8
oh god would everyone just shut up moaning... all am reading is oh i dont like this n that, god grow up some of you. the guys only bought himself something he likes and thought he would post it on here (which was a mistake we al regret at one point) give him a break man its only rear lights as if hes completley ruined it.. imo on this forum its a SHAME to be different.. imo all your sports look gash because the all look the same! no individuality or unique in anyway

Elise S1 B&C 140
oh god would everyone just shut up moaning... all am reading is oh i dont like this n that, god grow up some of you. the guys only bought himself something he likes and thought he would post it on here (which was a mistake we al regret at one point) give him a break man its only rear lights as if hes completley ruined it.. imo on this forum its a SHAME to be different.. imo all your sports look gash because the all look the same! no individuality or unique in anyway

Wow did you get out of bed the wrong side this morning. No one is moaning, he asked what people think of his new lights and we are telling him we dont like them. its not a personal attack. If he didnt want to hear people opinions he wouldnt of asked the question.

Grow the F*ck up FFS

megane 285 sport
you all want to grow up with the chavy b****cks, i think they look alright on the car, wouldnt have them on mine because it wouldnt suit. and yes i look abit of a chav sometimes, dont act like one by the way.

172 cup

They might look the same but at least they look good!!! :rasp:

CHAV!!!

megane 285 sport
i thought this site was set up, for all people that had a common interest, which is the renault clio, to help one another with problems and have a chat, not act like t**ts

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Well, bollox to the 'non standard lights' haters, I think they look rather good on your car mate. The first time I saw these was actually on a blue Clio. I wasn't sure about them at first, but they grew on me rather quickly. It's all a matter of individuality, and there is definitely nothing wrong with being different.

I have a 1.6 and I am definitely not young (I'm 46) and I have Lexus lights with a small black outline on my car. I am definitely not a chav, but I like to be different. I have abit of a thing about balance, and being as the front lights are HUGE and clear, I thought the original rear lights were just abit 'too red', so on went the Lexus lights and balance was restored. (Imo).

At the end of the day, if YOU like them, that's all that matters. Good on you for being 'different' that's what I say.