ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lillospec's Cockroach LHD 172

172 ph2
Hello peeps,
I've been lurking around here for quite a while now; been a member but never posted anything, so since I just renewed my membership I figured I might aswell show my little "cockroach", that's how I call it.

I live in Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain (common holiday destination for some of you Brits I think? :laughing: ), so the car is obviously left hand drive. It's a regular 172 (I wanted to go for a Cup but I couldn't find any decent ones and people want more money for them which I find stupid imho). Anyway I've had the car for 2 and a bit years, my first car was a FF Arctic Blue 182 and I kinda gave up on Clios after that, but I got this one for a fair price and so far it hasn't disappointed me one bit.

Sometimes I feel like I need a newer, bigger, more powerful car, then I try one and it doesn't feel exciting at all, like it doesn't want me to go fast let alone grab it by the neck and squeeze the hell out of it, as opposed to the clio which begs me to do so :smirk:. My ideal replacement for this cockroach as of now would be an Evo 6 with a dogbox, 3 way suspension, ALS and all that and I'm quite far off that financially speaking lol.

The car is pretty much a photocopy of a lot of clios around here, black with satin black Turinis, I hate black Clios but the deal on this car was a no brainer so I had to go with the flow and try to make it look decent and not too over the top which for me it does. Aesthetically apart from the alloys it's only got the classic skoda front splitter, a V6 replica spoiler and a Megane 225 steering wheel if that counts. It had a full respray and new headlights 2 years ago when I got it from its previous owner because the lacquer on the roof and bonnet was a bit poo.

It's fairly standard, engine wise there's nothing to it except a Pipercross panel filter and a RSTuner remap, it's got a straight through pipe all the way to the standard backbox since this is my daily driver and I hate noisy cars if they aren't made exclusively for racing.
It's sitting on Bilstein B14 coilovers, camber bolts on the front for -1.5deg, standard brakes on Brembo HC discs with Goodridge lines front and back, Carbone Lorraine RC6 front pads and OEM Renault rears (Yes, I know :dizzy:) and Motul RBF 660 fluid. A few Powerflex bushes here and there and I think that's it.

Future plans for Roachie are probably a close ratio gearbox with a Torsen type LSD, and I would love to supercharge it but that's like really illegal here and I think I'm turning a bit old now since I don't really want to be removing the supercharger kit and then installing it again after MOT. I would also like some 4 pot brembo's but to be honest that would be a bit of wasting money for me since the car stops really well on the current setup. Also I want to do the air-con delete shortly since I don't use it at all.

The car is in pretty good shape right now as it's had all the belts done, oil leaks sorted, complete gearbox rebuild with OE parts and clutch, etc.
My goal is to make a car that serves as a daily driver to go to work with but also make it fun, light and a bit more responsive than standard, all that without compromising "too much" comfort, and keeping it (mostly) legal which in this country isn't always that easy.
I take good care of it but the most of my focus is on the mechanical part, since I don't think the Clio is a car to be shown off or anything like that, I just like to get on it and enjoy driving it fast which I think it's what those cars are good at:cool:

So here are the pics, I'm really sorry for the huge write up but once I pop I don't stop lol, cheers guys I'll see you around here ! promise I'll hang out more
2EsOJSg.jpg
mAtuWEi.jpg

MOqj1mn.jpg
ShnmU8D.jpg

19yp304.jpg

I plan on taking this little fella to the Nurburgring with me next year, so I have a few track goodies sitting in the garage like Recaro Profi seats and another set of wheels for R-Compound tires, but I don't have any pics of these.

172 ph2
Thanks man. They definitely are popular, hot hatches have always been a big thing here (motorsports in general, specially rallying) and Clios have a special fame because of their handling and the fun they offer from the get go.