ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp home mode, Renault can't fix it. Water on a Relay?

C4 Grand Picasso
Background story starts at 1. To skip the boring crap just read 2 for the question.

A lad in work bought his dynamique 3 years ago, over the last month Renault has had it for 2 weeks. He has the limp home mode on and Renault can't fix it. The first dealer (Southport 2000) told him he needed spark plugs at £60. That didn't fix it, so they supposedly replaced some part of the loom under warrenty (which runs out in 3 days). The light stayed off for one day. So onto Renault Preston, when he rings up to ask whats wrong: "it the loom, we'll replace it". No further than 1 mile from the dealer the light comes on again. Back it goes. Its the throttle sensor; replaced. 2 days later the light is on again and up to Preston its gone.

We dropped in at a local back street garage and the mechanic reckons that its a common design fault with the 2002 shape Clios, when it rains or under a power washer, water gets onto a relay which triggers the limp home mode. Has anyone heard of this? I've been on here for 2 years and haven't noticed anyone else with the same problem.

they were probably just stringing him out till the warranty is over then they'll say ' yeah its blah blah at £654.12 + vat''

Racing Blue 182
My dynamique did this, its realy annoying.

There has been a few that had this proble,

On mine they replaced the wiring loom and the throttle bodies aparently, in the engine bay there was a large block that had dislodged itsefl causing the problem aparently,

All replaced under warrent on an 03 plate

ahhh... was this a black metal like 'lid' that clips onto somewhere??

when my sisters 1.2 16v clio was called out to by the AA, the AA man removed it and said it was rubbing on the wiring loom (didnt damage it luckily), it seemed like he knew they caused trouble.