ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp mode, codes read, results inside

Fiesta ST
The car went in to limp mode last night with the electrical fault light on (the one with the wavy line) and eml on. The electrical light goes off when car is turned on and off but eml stays on. It did this before around 2 months ago and a quick clean of the TB sorted the problem. I tried this again today and it made no difference so went and got codes read. The results are below

rstuner.gif

Now the throttle body makes an awful noise when the ignition is on, sounds almost like a modem when connecting to internet, so it may just be a case of a replacement but want to make sure before i go out and buy one. Any ideas?

Thanks

172/1.2/E30
smells like tb, but could also be loom related. check the loom for damages first and have a look if the plug on the tb is corroded. Anyone near Halifax who could lend this guy a tb? :)

Fiesta ST
plug on the tb is perfect, will check the loom again incase i missed something from before. Lending a tb is not a problem, its because the light may come on after 5 mins or after a week so would need it for a while. Think ill just buy a new one and hope for the best

BMW M135i
Pedal probably. Could do with clip really thats a bit vague, doesn't say whether its the pedal signal or the readback from the body.

Noise from the throttle with the ignition on is totally normal.

Fiesta ST
Bit of an update, ive found, if i keep the car above 3k revs, it will not go in to limp mode. It is only when the revs drop to say below 2k when slowing down for a junction that it comes on. Any more ideas or would you still say pedal or TB. Thanks

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Throttle position sensor would be where I'd start as they're cheap and commonly go.

As said though you need a clip tbh