ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp Mode

mk2 182
Hey Guys

Went to the car this morning started the engine and it went into limp mode. Stopped for 20 minutes and tried again still in limp mode.

Took it to my mates garage and put it on the computer. Code 3503 came up with a description "Fuel evaporation regeneration valve open circuit".

The computer took it out of limp mode and it has not came back on yet.

Planning on taking it to Renault. Would some one be able to shed some light on what this code means.

I dont want to take it to main dealer.

Thanks Guys

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sorry but what diagnostic kit was used to get that code as "3503" is non-generic nor is it a Renault specific code (Sounds like a silly Bosch code to me for which I have no lookup data)

What symptoms, if any, have you had other than the what you call "Limp Mode" which I assume is poor performance and the MIL being on?

mk2 182
Sorry but what diagnostic kit was used to get that code as "3503" is non-generic nor is it a Renault specific code (Sounds like a silly Bosch code to me for which I have no lookup data)

What symptoms, if any, have you had other than the what you call "Limp Mode" which I assume is poor performance and the MIL being on?

Thanks for the reply

When i say limp mode the car would not allow past 2k revs in any gear, as if it was to protect engine.

I have had no problems with the car what so ever, just the normal MOT stuff. the car was fine the night before. I have searched the internet for that description of vault but to no avail.

It was a bosch machine that the garage used.

I know its vague but thats all that happened.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Bloody Bosch Esi-Tronics are nothing but trouble. Garages are dupped into buying them for lots of cash as they trust the brandname but in truth they'd be far better off buying a Snap-On Ethos II and a Verso for all there diagnostic needs.

The only thing I can find that is close to the "3503" description is "P0447" meaning the EVAP system vent control shows as an open circuit. Normally this turns out to be either a wiring issue or the purge valve itself is faulty.

mk2 182
Is there any software that i can download to give me the correct codes etc.

I have the cables etc as i used to do with my Scooby.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Nope, there's no Bosch to EODB database that I know of and a quick Google turned up nothing either. There's also no "FREE" way to get ODBII codes from a Renault either so you're gonna have to take it somewhere to be read properly by someone with decent, non-Bosch kit (I really hate the Bosch junk, can you tell?) or you're gonna have to fork out yourself for a "Generic" code reader. Maybe someone on here in the NE area can help you as there's been a few folks mention "RS Tuners" and other generic readers that they can travel about with before. If you buy the kit yourself the money you spend will determine greatly the ability it gives you to interact with the various systems. They start at £40 on eBay for a cheap generic "ching-chong" code reader but don't expect any in depth coverage or access to any system other than the engine management side of things. Some *claim* to be able to offer access to body control modules and ABS/SRS but I've yet to see it. You could spend £300 on a Chinese Renault Clip "Clone" but I really wouldn't advise you do that as they can and do trash ECU's!

I myself have spent a fair few thousand on a time locked genuine Renault "Clip" and I have a few other SPX toys for Peugeot, Citroen, Nissan, Ford, GM, VAG, Etc in my toy box but that's what I do for a living.

mk2 182
Nope, there's no Bosch to EODB database that I know of and a quick Google turned up nothing either. There's also no "FREE" way to get ODBII codes from a Renault either so you're gonna have to take it somewhere to be read properly by someone with decent, non-Bosch kit (I really hate the Bosch junk, can you tell?) or you're gonna have to fork out yourself for a "Generic" code reader. Maybe someone on here in the NE area can help you as there's been a few folks mention "RS Tuners" and other generic readers that they can travel about with before. If you buy the kit yourself the money you spend will determine greatly the ability it gives you to interact with the various systems. They start at £40 on eBay for a cheap generic "ching-chong" code reader but don't expect any in depth coverage or access to any system other than the engine management side of things. Some *claim* to be able to offer access to body control modules and ABS/SRS but I've yet to see it. You could spend £300 on a Chinese Renault Clip "Clone" but I really wouldn't advise you do that as they can and do trash ECU's!

I myself have spent a fair few thousand on a time locked genuine Renault "Clip" and I have a few other SPX toys for Peugeot, Citroen, Nissan, Ford, GM, VAG, Etc in my toy box but that's what I do for a living.

Thanks for taking the time mate.