ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp mode

clio i think
need help with my poor clio, keeps on going into limp mode when i slow down. when i put a bit of gas it goes back to normal (if i don't rev it the car stalls), not sure wats wrong. it's the light underneath the petrol light that comes on.

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Hmmm could be the spark plugs. If its the mk2 ph2 1.2 16v then that could be the problem. Similar things happen to mine and changin the plugs fixed it. Not 100% sure tho

idle control valve? if its knackered the car will drop revs too low and cut out, symptoms sounds just right for it aswell, as your slowing down, if you rev it its ok. worth checking out.

Racing Blue 182
I had this with both my 1.2 and my 182, they both went into limp mode.

On the 1.2 they changed the throttle bodies and part of te wiring loom, there was a metal box that had come loose in the engine bay.

On the 182, they needed to change a fauty sensor.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i have throttle senser problems at about 2k, so i restart then engine, usually whilst moving and thrash it in a lower gear!

also could be ignition coils they bring the light up for me