ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Line in into 182 head unit

182 w/cup susp

I just want to connect my iPod to my head unit so when I change to aux, I can press play on my iPod and hear my music.

It is the 1st gen iPod so it is expensive to get a denson link etc, plus if I get another make of MP3 player, itll be useless. Is it possible to do this with the standard head unit?

Tom

EV

well actually all 172/182 hus have a changer input if you could figure out how to feed audio through that then its possible.

If not a dension ice link is the easiest way

Megane R26

As Tom said above, All you should need is a cable that uses the same connector as the changer and into a 3.5mm jack. http://www.caraudiodirect.comCarAudioDirect do such a cable, well looks like one, made for blaupunkt but the connector looks the same as the one for the changer.

182 w/cup susp

Thanks for the reply guys, I have an iTrip and as I do a bit of travelling, it is a bit of a pain having to re-tune it when you go through different counties.

The Blaupunkt connector looks ideal as I may change MP3 player soon and at least with a standard jack, Ill be able to use any kind of MP3 player and not just the same as I have now.

right I have enabled the aux in (hold down the expert button, use up and down arrows to select aux in, use left and right to enable/disable) it is now selectable via the source button. What connections are on the back of the 182 cabasee headunit? does it have just a changer port, or is there phono socket for the aux in?

Polo + Micra

you would have to whip it out to have a look but i reacok the the lead from above will work if it only has a changer plug