ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Linux Pre-installed Dell Machines

cock mobile.
PMSL @ Unbreakable Linux.

Didn't a number of suppliers say this ages ago and then nothing happened?

Clio 1.8 16v & WRX STi
hmm im sure they have been doing this for ages or was it just on servers and workstations

They were shipping red hat with their servers for a while. When myself and a friend looked a couple of weeks ago they had removed that option. :S

I saw this, but didnt want to get beaten up by the repost police!

Its a good step for open-source. I'm sure MS will start a legal attack on Dell to keep its grip as they normally do.

It will be interesting to see if Dell charge for an OS when they start selling desktops with it on.

Also, will they release their own flavour of it?

Not a Clio
It will be interesting to see which distro they go with and how they market their Linux machines.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
hmm im sure they have been doing this for ages or was it just on servers and workstations

They were shipping red hat with their servers for a while. When myself and a friend looked a couple of weeks ago they had removed that option. :S

Deffinatly not removed the option as I just ordered a poweredge 1950 with RHEL just a few days ago.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
This has actually been comming for a while.. they did a survery of user requests and the biggest request they got was to ship their desktops with a linux pre-installed option.

Nice to see such a big company taking on linux as a desktop OS. I hope it works out well for them.