ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid Yellow 182

Liquid yellow clio R27
Has anybody seen any liquid yellow 182 for sale in any dealers lately,prefferably somewhere in the north of england.

LY 200
Doubt you'll get one at a stealers mate although havin said that mine came from one but with that said it was at a Fiat rather than Renault as it was px'd against one of them stilo abarths........And before you say it id actually like to ask the fella why he did it too!!! Lol

Best to keep an eye on pistonheads mate, with 182's still being reletively new you should be able to tell a well looked after gooden form a baden even by goin private, most if not all of the 34 or whatever were made will have some sort of remaining warrenty too so that will give you abit of piece of mind aswell.

Liquid yellow clio R27
Thanks for the replys i will just keep a look out bescause i know they are pretty rare .

N/A
used to see that clio 182 in the advert driving around...guy lives not too far from me. In the flesh the colour is bloody outstanding!
good luck with the search mate

V6 255 Acid Yellow
Guys, i actually bought that LY 182 above, you will be sick to see it now! it got petrol bombed last sunday morning and the front end is a mess. I travelled 200 miles to get that one in Swansea and only had it about 8 weeks.

Its just front end damage and the engine is actually fine, electrics r fukd, was on fire for around 4-5mins before the fire brigade arrived.

I guess it will be written of, just waiting for the insurance company to confirm it, ill get some piccys of it uploaded soon.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Tapias did you use to have a LY VX220???

name is familiar and with you using the term LY??

Gal

A Clee O
Guys, i actually bought that LY 182 above, you will be sick to see it now! it got petrol bombed last sunday morning and the front end is a mess. I travelled 200 miles to get that one in Swansea and only had it about 8 weeks.

Its just front end damage and the engine is actually fine, electrics r fukd, was on fire for around 4-5mins before the fire brigade arrived.

I guess it will be written of, just waiting for the insurance company to confirm it, ill get some piccys of it uploaded soon.

Was this one starting C*05? If so the company I used to work for picked it up about a week ago.

Sorry just followed the link. Yeah I saw it a couple of days back damn shame.

V6 255 Acid Yellow
TJ182 i no who is behind it.

AD i used to have a yellow ltd vx, got rid cause i got a house and didnt fancy leaving it on the drive lol used to be a member of the vx220 forum.

BRAD182, just had a really cool night watching ufc live in nottingham, came home and just nodded of, heard a bang & thought fuk a tv has fallen of the wall & thought well nothing I could do about it now so was gonna go bac to sleep, then thought nah it wouldnt have sounded like that. got up and looked towards my bedroom window saw flickering amber lights looked out and saw the bonnet on flames. Not a nice thing to see, it ws a beautiful car!

And yes GAL thats the one, what do you rekon could it be mended, its a mess i know but not a total loss, as far as im aware its mainly cosmetic and electrical.

There are no more for sale either in that colour, been on foot patrol for a week now and on god damn nottingham city chav port haha

Ad

MK2 FRS
I had LY36

unlucky on the 182 mate.. hope it is sorted soon enough. although fire damage is often not repaired.

Gal

A Clee O
Got to be honest I don't think they would mend it - Because it was burnt - They will probably write it off incase of any weakness to the chasis.

When I saw it would have needed bumper, wings, inner wings, Headlights, Bonnet, New Engine loom, and thats from what you can see - The engine would have to come out to check the chasis.

And if anything else appears then obviously that would need to be costed as well - Probably because of the colour they would need to respray the entire car to match.

Harsh but I would say they wouldn't. Let us know what happens though. I have a picture if you want it posted?

V6 255 Acid Yellow
My history and renaults though is almost so bad its almost unbelivable.

First one was a RSi 8v about 4 years ago, came bac of hols and within 3 hours of being inthe country a female smashed in to the back of it, the following morning was going over a cross road and a female crossed my path and wrote the car off. 2 crashes in 24 hours, not good, never been in an accident before that or since.

After selling my vx i purchased the cup172 from Renault Sunwin in notts, noticed it pulling onm the test drive and thought it was summit simple, tyre pressure, tracking or summit simple, they said they would put it rite before i pick it up so bought it on those terms. Paid for the vehicle prob was still there and after 4 attempts to fix the problem and then later denying the problem wasnt even there they turned there bac on me after i demanded a refund so I put a claim in and was taking them to court. Just last week we agreed on a joint witness expert to use and they reported that it had suffered from accident damage and required suspension components replacing, just this Friday Renault called me in for a meeting to tell me they will refund the all costs, which is good.

During the above dispute the 172 was left with Renault and i bought the LY 182 and its now dead.

Not a good past, was looking at getting a v6 but then again im thinking may not be a good idea lol I think i may just settle for a crappy car for now and build my no claims up again, im down to 2 years ncb now arrrr frustrating!

Last edited:

Gal

A Clee O
Here:-

381109b_JPG.gif

V6 255 Acid Yellow
Nice 1 AD, awesome motor, very difficult decision to make to sell it, it went in less than a week. I had #89 it would have completly broke me to see that go up in flames.

Gal

A Clee O
Tapias if you want it removing send me a PM and I will take it off photobucket. Shame as I love LY :(

Ad

MK2 FRS
yeah had it for 4mths and loved it, nearly bought the janspeed xhuast off you.

sorry, but but the 182 is dead, thats for sure.

V6 255 Acid Yellow
Cant see it Gal, does a mod need to approve it first? ive just checked my setting and there enabled to view pictures.

V6 255 Acid Yellow
ohhhh sh1t, yeah thats the one, i think i was having a prob with my machine, rebooted and i can see it now. thats just horrible!

Ad

MK2 FRS
feel for you mate. have the police confirmed it was a started deliberatley??

wouldnt be the first renaultsport to ignite randomly... although it is quite rare (2 I can think of on here)

V6 255 Acid Yellow
I know it was delibrate & no the person b'hind it, they even left the jerry can on the pavement, DOH! i dont want the car back now anyway, love for it "has gone up in flames" lol someone suggested buying of insurance company and do it up, cant be bothered though.

Rest of the car including interior is mint though. Could always take a clever piccy from the back looking down the drivers side stick it on the bay "sold as seen" lol

V6 255 Acid Yellow
yeah its sad really, there even rarer now. i would have another cause the paint is just amazing, it looks like something you would expect on a lambo, piccys dont do them any justice at all, you gotta see them in the flesh. no injuries & the car is just a car.

gen 7 celica
jesus they did some damage. I would have to restrain myself not to go round and do the same to their face.

LY 200
Thats not nice at all.

You musta done some serious pissing off though mate!? :S

All the same hope you wont take this hit on the chin though!!!

V6 255 Acid Yellow
Should put a warning on this thread, "Warning Disturbing Image, Proceed only If you Do Not Suffer from a Nervous Disposition" lol

The person who did it believed something that wasnt true and acted on pure impulse, which doesnt help me, im gutted i loved the paint on it!