ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid Yellow 182?

Hi there, I'm Stan and I actually joined in February this year while I had my RB 182, I sold it in June as I had a few problems with it, and also I decided to get something cheaper to run.

When the RB went I decided that I'd miss the 182 too much so bought another!!!

Bought a titanium silver 182 but after a week I just didn't feel it was special enough, supose it was the colour (no offence to titanium silver owners)as it wasn't as stand out as racing blue!

This time I decided to get something cheaper to run so sold the 182 in part ex for a black 55 plate Fabia Vrs, getting 50mpg, torque is brilliant but I just think my driving style is better suited to a hot hatch, I love to rev! Also the Fabia Vrs isn't the best round corners and just isn't particularly fun to drive.

So I'm not sure what to do now, keep the Fabia Vrs (cheaper in the long run) or get another 182 (I'm only looking at liquid yellow though)

Sorry for the long post, any views would be great.

Cheers,

Stan

Golf GT TDI
pixel-vfl73.gif

pixel-vfl73.gif

get one;)

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
If you sold the RB to get something cheaper to run, i fear the inevitable will happen to the LY too.

Its a colour at the end of the day, a colour you'll pay £1000+ extra to have, and spend your life cleaning it.

I'd rather spend that £1000 making a clio special in other ways.

LY 200
To be fair 182's are cheap as chips to run if you look after them and also give a good return on the mile to gallon if driven reasonably (not like a total ***** but not like a hooligan everywhere) for the majority of time!

As the above said if you dont have a garage or drive a Liquid by the day you will be more than likely forever cleaning it though if your a clean freak!

What problems did you have with the RB out of interest?

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Why not go for a Trophy if you want the cornering? Had mine since April, done nearly 8k, driven it hard and not a single problem so far................

DMS

A thirsty 172
Why not go for a Trophy if you want the cornering? Had mine since April, done nearly 8k, driven it hard and not a single problem so far................

This.

LY is a nice colour, but not really worth paying a grand or so more for what is essentially still the same car underneath.
Whereas if you were to get a Trophy, it's the only 182 that comes in Capsicum red so you still get a rare colour, and the chassis and suspension setup is superior to other 1*2 models. I'd bet my left knacker a Trophy would out corner my 172.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
As much as i like Trophys and think there lovley cars, LY is just stunning and should in theory hold its value (along side the trophy) as the colour is rare with only 58 made.

Should you desire the LY and the handling, theres always the option of a decent set of coil overs, also the Sach suspension set up whilst very good, expensive to service should it require.

This ones for sale from a members girlfriend (Russ_16v) ...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1269517.htm

Anything Russ doesnt know about these isnt worth knowing, hes gave me plenty of advice whilst ive been on Cs and would be more than happy to purchase any car from him as i know the lengths he goes to, to look after his cars....!

Id speak with him!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
If you want a LY 182 you should buy JayR's one tbh. Done low miles and he garages it every night and doesn't even drive it hard.

As for a Trophy, I have had a Williams, 172 and now this. The Trophy is far superior to both of my previous cars. It is unbelievable in the corners. However if you struggled to afford a 182 before, which imo isn't an expensive car to run anyway, chances are, as someone pointed out, this may happen again and could be for sale in a short time.

Not got a car
Keep the Vrs and get a map or tuning box, My mate had one and by god it was quick, Gave you wip lass when the turbo spooled up.

53 Clio's & counting
As much as i like Trophys and think there lovley cars, LY is just stunning and should in theory hold its value (along side the trophy) as the colour is rare with only 58 made.

Should you desire the LY and the handling, theres always the option of a decent set of coil overs, also the Sach suspension set up whilst very good, expensive to service should it require.

This ones for sale from a members girlfriend (Russ_16v) ...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1269517.htm

Anything Russ doesnt know about these isnt worth knowing, hes gave me plenty of advice whilst ive been on Cs and would be more than happy to purchase any car from him as i know the lengths he goes to, to look after his cars....!

Id speak with him!

oh you :eek:

Big love for Danny xx

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Owning a car in LY can be a real nightmare some days. But as long as you look after it well and reguarly clean it, you'll do anything to keep it. After owning one, I still would pay the premium over a standard coloured 182.

LY 200
If you want a LY 182 you should buy JayR's one tbh. Done low miles and he garages it every night and doesn't even drive it hard.

Ta mate - Cheap plugs = win!

Im still debating a sale rather than 100% doing it to be honest as i am still uncertain whether i'll end up regretting it in time!

After owning one, I still would pay the premium over a standard coloured 182.

Very true.

Cheers for the views guys, sos i haven't replied,laptops been on the blink!

Seen JayR's and Russ 16v's LY 182s and they look very nice and very well looked after.

It wasn't really a problem of affording the 182's, they are cheap for the performance, I just thought I should get something cheaper to run so I could save for a flat.

But really when looking at it I'm saving £40 a month fuel, £150 a year insurance and £120 a year tax. So really I 'm saving £700 a year but I'd prob sacrifice that to have a fun car to drive, the Vrs doesn't inspire me at all!

Could prob sell the Vrs for £6500 private, need abit more for LY though.

What to do:(

Cheers,

Stan

Discounted 1*2 parts
i bought a 182 because it ticked all the right boxes. they're quick in standard form, very affordable, cheap to run, can get 40mpg + if driven sensibly and bloody fun to drive