ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid Yellow Paint

Clio 197 F1 R27
I went for Liquid Yellow, but how can Renault charge £1200 for this extra? I had to get it, i love it :) but it's very expensive don't you agree? Was this the same price on the 182 and V6 Clio's?

Mk4 .:R32
if it was cheap or even free then loads of people would have it, and it wouldn't be as special

i think £1200 is cheap for the colour.

It would cost you double that to get it sprayed pearlescent liquid yellow aftermarket.

Why charge £1200 for a colour?

Simple answer is there is limited demand for the colour and the cost of changing over the lines in the factory to accomadiate a limited run of colour is refected in the price.

Manufacturing costs etc.

clio sport f1 r27
well i had to pay it aswell and i would again worth every penny as iv always wanted a liquid yellow clio :p

I'm sure that RS can only paint 1 LY car a day due to yellow primer etc.... hence why it costs £1200.

For those who have been to the factory and saw the Renaultsports being built would have seen that the Liquid Yellow cars have a special yellow primer and go through the paint shop three times, hence the price.

For those who have been to the factory and saw the Renaultsports being built would have seen that the Liquid Yellow cars have a special yellow primer and go through the paint shop three times, hence the price.

Nice bit of info. Certainly clears it up for me. Does the white only go through 1 1/2 times then ;)

Just breaking your balls :)