ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little Blue 182

Renault Clio 182
As above, the front bumper sticker. Each to their own and all that.

I do think it’s had some front end work, you’re missing the black plastic tabs on the front bumper, which I know were there when I had it at least.
It' been crashed ...front left .. the paint work isn't great and the wing doesn't sit quite flush ..hes work in progres.. thoughts on spacers ??

Renault Clio 182
So has it been crashed or not?
It's had light front left damage just bumper and wing we think.. nothing else seems damaged and he drives fine ..i work in a garage and the techs have gone over it and under it and they said it' just superficial...i will get it painted properly i hink it' been to a back street garage .

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It's had light front left damage just bumper and wing we think.. nothing else seems damaged and he drives fine ..i work in a garage and the techs have gone over it and under it and they said it' just superficial...i will get it painted properly i hink it' been to a back street garage .
Check the crash bar behind the bumper. The cars are at the age they're cheap and can be owned by people who don't care!
What are your plans for it?

Clio 182
For the cost of the panels I’d look out for one being broken and just bolt them on.
You’d get a wing for about £30 used in RB

Renault Clio 182
Check the crash bar behind the bumper. The cars are at the age they're cheap and can be owned by people who don't care!
What are your plans for it?
It's all been checked ..car is in good condition...not many plans at mo just spacers and I have an ABS wire to replace ..its had new discs and pads and the exhaust needs straightened...its wonky and annoying !!

Renault Clio 182
Best shot I have of the pipes ..

Attachments

• 20171028_121931.jpg
    20171028_121931.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 128
  Clio 182
Left rubber looks like it’s failed to me. Easy to spot once you look under the bumper.
Get some polybush replacements as the rubber ones don’t last with the heavy stainless exhausts.
Easy fix

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Helps to know what you're intending on running wheel wise before suggesting spacers. On standard alloys I'd go 10mm rear hub spacers and 15mm fronts IMHO.

Renault Clio 182
Helps to know what you're intending on running wheel wise before suggesting spacers. On standard alloys I'd go 10mm rear hub spacers and 15mm fronts IMHO.
Standard wheels standard car ... no toys yet...thanks for your reply

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
i fitted 20mm all round 6 months back, and the rears rubbed as its lowered
20mm on front seemed fine
Got some 16mm hubcentric for the rears now trying them- was told 15mm sit fine on rear (heres hoping 1mm wont matter) and have 15mm spacers for rear but not hubcentric
Will let you know how i get on this Saturday
standard clio dynamique wheels- think the Oz F1s same

Renault Clio 182
i fitted 20mm all round 6 months back, and the rears rubbed as its lowered
20mm on front seemed fine
Got some 16mm hubcentric for the rears now trying them- was told 15mm sit fine on rear (heres hoping 1mm wont matter) and have 15mm spacers for rear but not hubcentric
Will let you know how i get on this Saturday
standard clio dynamique wheels- think the Oz F1s same
Appreciate that ..yes please let me know how it sits for yoiu .

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
10mm rear 15mm front on stock wheels imo, that's what I run and sits lovely on the H&R springs

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
My road wheels are Clio standards, the thick 5 spoke wheels called "Dynamique's" i think. Pretty sure they are 6.5j rim width, and have just put 20mm spacers on the front, and 16mm spacers on the back, and no rubbing at all on my lowered phase1.

20mm spacers rubbed last year on back

Changed the barke pads on the front too- what a difference.

Renault Clio 182
My road wheels are Clio standards, the thick 5 spoke wheels called "Dynamique's" i think. Pretty sure they are 6.5j rim width, and have just put 20mm spacers on the front, and 16mm spacers on the back, and no rubbing at all on my lowered phase1.

20mm spacers rubbed last year on back

Changed the barke pads on the front too- what a difference.
Thankyou for that info . I'm going to order them this week I think ..treat myself for Xmas!!