ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Livingston mini mini meet pics

mk2 1.2 16v
Met up with renclio earlier on today at the multi-storey in Livi to grab a few pics of the cars together :cool: I'll let the pics do the talking so here are the results:

P1000171.jpg

P1000172.jpg

P1000173.jpg

P1000174.jpg

P1000175.jpg

P1000176.jpg

P1000178.jpg

P1000180.jpg

P1000182.jpg

P1000183.jpg

P1000185.jpg

P1000187.jpg

All comments/opinions welcome :)

mk2 1.2 16v
Yeah I've got loads I want to do when I get the cash/time for it.
First thing is definately getting it lowered, it's riding like a tractor at the moment. After that probably colour coding, plus the wheels could use a refurb tbh.

Sounds good :) what colour would you have them?

I'd recommend lowering by 60mm btw... I had mine on sportlines at around 35mm and I just wanted to go lower! I still do tbh :eek:

mk2 1.2 16v
The wheels you mean? Been mulling that one over and not quite sure yet tbh, its a toss up between standard silver and anthracite at the moment. What do you reckon?

Yeah I'm wanting to go down to about 60mm but can only afford springs and have been advised against it by quite a few people lol. If a set comes up at the right price I might just go for it though.

Is yours still at -35mm? It looks quite good I think.

Flame Red Delight
btw 60mm ride is terrible and on standard shocks it would absolutely destroy them and they would only last a couple of months before they would need replaced.

The wheels you mean? Been mulling that one over and not quite sure yet tbh, its a toss up between standard silver and anthracite at the moment. What do you reckon?

Yeah I'm wanting to go down to about 60mm but can only afford springs and have been advised against it by quite a few people lol. If a set comes up at the right price I might just go for it though.

Mine's 60 now, just haven't posted any pics up yet. It's on standard rear shocks atm though as the ones I got won't fit!

Amphasite wheels would look top notch on the black car :)

Flame Red Delight
just to let everybody else know i am looking for some ideas for my car, without spending a fortune and making it look like a 172 ?

mk2 1.2 16v
Yeah I might just have to give 60mm springs a miss unless I can afford the shocks to go with them tbh, probably be worth waiting and saving a bit more till I can.

Callum, as I said mate go for dual optics and colour coding (would be first on my list anyways).
Oh, and silvervisions ;)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5

Keep them silver mate, massive diffrence though

Still have my coilovers ;)

mk2 1.2 16v
Keep them silver mate, massive diffrence though

Still have my coilovers ;)

I dunno what to do yet tbh, no matter what alloys I got I always said I'd do them anthracite as part of the idea I had for the car. Having them on now though the silver has grown on me massively so I'm tempted to keep them as is.

PM'd ;)

looking good graham.

Cheers mate, need to organise a meet some time now mine is starting to look semi-decent lol.

I noticed in the vmaxx coilovers thread you were on the list btw, got them fitted yet?

Charged Superleggera
I dunno what to do yet tbh, no matter what alloys I got I always said I'd do them anthracite as part of the idea I had for the car. Having them on now though the silver has grown on me massively so I'm tempted to keep them as is.

PM'd ;)

Cheers mate, need to organise a meet some time now mine is starting to look semi-decent lol.

I noticed in the vmaxx coilovers thread you were on the list btw, got them fitted yet?

defo mate. not fitted them yet but hopefully in next few weeks when i get a bit of money. also keep the wheels silver mate fo sho.

mk2 1.2 16v
Looking good guys. I can gove you name of the local company that did my F1 cups if you like. The silver on them is great

PM'd

defo mate. not fitted them yet but hopefully in next few weeks when i get a bit of money. also keep the wheels silver mate fo sho.

Cool, it will look awesome when it's done mate. How low you looking to go? I take it you're getting them set up professionally?

Yeah I think I probably will, they're growing on me more and more the way they are tbh.

Charged Superleggera
PM'd

Cool, it will look awesome when it's done mate. How low you looking to go? I take it you're getting them set up professionally?

Yeah I think I probably will, they're growing on me more and more the way they are tbh.

cheers mate. as low as they will go on the back and nearly all teh way down on the front. yeh getting set up properly but not sure who im taking it to. yeh silver is teh best colour for turini's imo.

mk2 1.2 16v
cheers mate. as low as they will go on the back and nearly all teh way down on the front. yeh getting set up properly but not sure who im taking it to. yeh silver is teh best colour for turini's imo.

Ooft I hope there aren't any speedbumps anywhere near you :clown: lol.

Yeah fair enough, that was gonna be my next question actually cos I don't know of anywhere decent for that sort of thing in Dundee.

Oh aye, I meant to ask you ages ago btw, do you still have the name/number for that guy that did your colour coding? I'll be looking to get mine done some time soon I reckon.

Charged Superleggera
Ooft I hope there aren't any speedbumps anywhere near you :clown: lol.

Yeah fair enough, that was gonna be my next question actually cos I don't know of anywhere decent for that sort of thing in Dundee.

Oh aye, I meant to ask you ages ago btw, do you still have the name/number for that guy that did your colour coding? I'll be looking to get mine done some time soon I reckon.

lol plenty of pot holes and speedbumps but just need to avoid them. tbh me and ben(brembo) were gonna fit them and leave them settle for a month and then take them to be set up properly but i would need to an impact wrench to undo the top mounts, which i dont have so will probably save myself the hastle and take it to a garage to get it all done at one time. only problem is it will struggle to get off the ramp being that low so not every garage will be willing to do it.

the garage who did my colour coding is called arnotts garage and they are on the old mill place not far away from dundee uni actually.

mk2 1.2 16v
lol plenty of pot holes and speedbumps but just need to avoid them. tbh me and ben(brembo) were gonna fit them and leave them settle for a month and then take them to be set up properly but i would need to an impact wrench to undo the top mounts, which i dont have so will probably save myself the hastle and take it to a garage to get it all done at one time. only problem is it will struggle to get off the ramp being that low so not every garage will be willing to do it.

the garage who did my colour coding is called arnotts garage and they are on the old mill place not far away from dundee uni actually.

Yeah fair enough.
LOL at it not being able to get off the ramps though! :D

Cheers mate, the name rings a bell for some reason.
I'll have a look into it some time soon when I've got a bit more cash.