ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Local Area Subdivisions (please read)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
We are looking to completely revamp local area meets over the coming weeks. The imminent arrival of the new forum platform makes arranging meetings incredibly easy and we want to take full advantage of this.

One aspect we have spoken about is dividing all regions into smaller subdivisions to encourage more members to attend. Let's call them micro meets.

The idea being that micro meets could be organised during the week and then larger meets incorporating all subdivisions could be arranged at weekends.

We would need each subdivision to have its own rep and for them to regularly communicate with the other reps to coordinate the bigger 'weekend' meetings.

What we need to know from you guys is how best to divide the areas up into actions. Does your area even need dividing up?

There will be an application process for area reps once we have everything in place.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ron
CS Admin

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
This region could do with Norfolk, Sussex and Cambridgeshire/Huntingdonshire/Rutland.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I have no idea why I put Sussex. I meant Suffolk. Stupid t**t I am posting ten minutes after waking up.

SQ5
This is a good idea, interested to see how the new forum will incorporate this? I guess everyone will have to choose a region when registering or before they use the new forum, then when arranged it automatically sends a PM to all in that region.

Was always difficult getting people to cross county borders!

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Norwich has a fair few members, as does the surrounding Norfolk. But it is a very big area, I think Norfolk/Norwich should be a separate from East Anglia. I know we occasionally get Suffolk members which is nice but it's a HUGE area

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
It's great to hear some positive feedback guys! Keep your eyes peeled ok the meets section and we will try get all this sorted ASAP. Everything is being dictated by the new forum software people. As soon as they release their latest version we will be good to go.

SQ5
It's great to hear some positive feedback guys! Keep your eyes peeled ok the meets section and we will try get all this sorted ASAP. Everything is being dictated by the new forum software people. As soon as they release their latest version we will be good to go.

Any other changes Ron?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I'm really hoping that this is going to get this region a lot more active than it is.

Me too, the days of getting meets like this together seem to be gone :(

525215_280132268786767_579385508_n.jpg

1743_294345264032134_129770599_n.jpg

SQ5
That's because I'm not organising them! Lol! Only joking

I think the problem is that there are too many smaller local all make groups now. A lot of people with RS Clios are more interested in going quick that the brand I think and the average age has probably dropped.

Its a pity TBH.

0de333018a23ad2fd1038dfa948187a0.jpg

Probably the best meet ever!

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
We held a Norwich one earlier this year and we had a fair turn out
image_zpse6925db6.jpg

That's because I'm not organising them! Lol! Only joking

I think the problem is that there are too many smaller local all make groups now. A lot of people with RS Clios are more interested in going quick that the brand I think and the average age has probably dropped.

Its a pity TBH.

0de333018a23ad2fd1038dfa948187a0.jpg

Probably the best meet ever!

I agree, that was probably the most fun weekend / best clio related thing we ever did lol. Mines nearly sorted bar paint work if you want to get your pennies out ;)

SQ5
We held a Norwich one earlier this year and we had a fair turn out
image_zpse6925db6.jpg

This I what I was saying earlier, it's bad that you would think that was a good turnout.

I remember the days of 50+ Clio meets, we would sometimes see huge numbers, my first meet had about 100 Clio's back in 2007/8, then rolling road meets of 40/50 cars with 30 off them running. We struggle to get 10 to run now.

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
This I what I was saying earlier, it's bad that you would think that was a good turnout.

I remember the days of 50+ Clio meets, we would sometimes see huge numbers, my first meet had about 100 Clio's back in 2007/8, then rolling road meets of 40/50 cars with 30 off them running. We struggle to get 10 to run now.

I did say a fair turn out :p and I believe this was organised a few days in advance. Hopefully it'll be a good turnout on the 19th at yarmouth