ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Local Area Subdivisions (please read)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
We are looking to completely revamp local area meets over the coming weeks. The imminent arrival of the new forum platform makes arranging meetings incredibly easy and we want to take full advantage of this.

One aspect we have spoken about is dividing all regions into smaller subdivisions to encourage more members to attend. Let's call them micro meets.

The idea being that micro meets could be organised during the week and then larger meets incorporating all subdivisions could be arranged at weekends.

We would need each subdivision to have its own rep and for them to regularly communicate with the other reps to coordinate the bigger 'weekend' meetings.

What we need to know from you guys is how best to divide the areas up into actions. Does your area even need dividing up?

There will be an application process for area reps once we have everything in place.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ron
CS Admin

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
In my opinion South Central is easily divided into 2 areas:

Coastal - Portsmouth/Southampton/Bournemouth

M3/M4 - Reading/Bracknell/Basingstoke

Although I'm not sure where Oxford & Banbury fit in. Perhaps a third area is required? South Central (north)?

GTD, Lupo
There is a whole side to south central i have never seen! Needs to be split into at least 3 different subdivisions.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
As someone from Banbury-ish, it'd be nice to get some regular meets going up in this area. I'm stuck between having to drive either down to Hampshire, or up to the other side of Brum for a local meet.

I know there's a few members kicking around the Banbury and Oxford areas, so we could surely drum some interest up.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
As someone from Banbury-ish, it'd be nice to get some regular meets going up in this area. I'm stuck between having to drive either down to Hampshire, or up to the other side of Brum for a local meet.

I know there's a few members kicking around the Banbury and Oxford areas, so we could surely drum some interest up.

Yeah ok we can look at 3 subdivisions then if you think it will work

Clio 200T

I wouldn't mind getting involved with more localish meets. As you say there is a few of us kicking around in Banbury etc.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I think we need four regions.

South Coast
Bournemouth & New Forest
West Berkshire & North Hampshire
Oxfordshire

JP83 would be a good rep.

182cup & 172 racecar
It was good fun when all the Witney lads were on here, we could get 10-15 people together easily, had some good breakfast runs etc from Banbury.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I do agree that South Central straddles a large, odd area, and most of the activity is to the South, which rules out people from around Oxford & Banbury etc. Thats not a dig at all, just the reality of the situation.

The 4 sub divisions mentioned sound good to me.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I do agree that South Central straddles a large, odd area, and most of the activity is to the South, which rules out people from around Oxford & Banbury etc. Thats not a dig at all, just the reality of the situation.

The 4 sub divisions mentioned sound good to me.
Fear not Marc, JP83 (if elected) is going to save the world, starting with the Banbury/Bicester/Oxford area.

I was Oxfordshire rep for a little while and although it covers such a large area we were constantly struggling for numbers, this was a few years ago mind so hopefully things have changed.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I was Oxfordshire rep for a little while and although it covers such a large area we were constantly struggling for numbers, this was a few years ago mind so hopefully things have changed.

I know there's a few of us in Banbury, and there's definitely a few in Oxfordshire.
It'd be good to get a central meet going up again.

RB 182 Cup+ TS 182
Hello buddy. I'll probably keep it central as possible so most likely around kidlington.
Are you from these parts then my friend?
Yeah. Enstone- so kiddy is great. Have driven to Birmingham in the past for meets but never really got in with a crowd and had the 182 for a year now. Attended css on my own and went to ace cafe on a Monday night when only 4 clios (3 v6s) turned up. Would be great to get some meets going!