ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lock car & three beeps

172 Cup
Hello

Just wondered what this means, the majority of the time when I lock my car I get three beeps?

Any help appreciated.

clio sport 182
mine does this but only when i seem to park close to something but as said abouve if i unlock and then lock again it seems fine

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
It normally means you've stopped the car, then gone to ignition point 2 and back a couple of times before getting out and locking the car.

Usually means you've disabled the ultrasonic sensors but the car alarm will still go off if the door is opened, etc. Its so you can leave the window slightly down in hot weather.

Normally happens to mine if I lock it as soon as the door shuts. give it a few seconds for the sensor to engage and it doesn't seem to occur... (No idea if there is any logic in that).

172 Cup
It doesn't make a difference whether I leave it a few seconds or whether I walk round the corner then lock it - it still does the annoying three beeps.

I believe the interior sensors are actually set as my alarm has gone off with the windows down before.

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Been covered a few times but i've never added my six eggs...

3 beeps seems to happen for 2 reasons, both down to the pressure sensors at the top of the A-pillar;

1. Intentionally. Turn off the sensors (eg when leaving the dog in the car) by opening drivers door, turn ignition to 2nd position-off-2nd-off, close and lock. 3 beeps tells you this has worked.

2. Unintentionally. Sensors go off while locking the car, ie the air's still moving in the car from slamming the door and locking immediately. 3 beeps lets you know. Used to happen to me all the time til i pointed the sensors more to the middle of the cabin and now walk a couple of paces before locking.

I THINK either way the car will be locked with the interior pressure sensors deactivated.

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Actually, 3rd reason, when UN-locking 3 beeps means the alarm was triggered by said sensors.